I have a 2022 cat 289d3 skid loader. I have about 3500 hours on it now. Issue started about a month ago with code 633-7 engine fuel actuator 1 control command, not responding properly. Started after service the fuel system by installing new water fuel filter and basics. It would reset the code by just turning off and starting back but it would only do it with under a half tank of fuel. But now it’s in limp mode and won’t come out. Other codes now are 636-2 engine positioning sensor data, erratic, incorrect & 1239-1 engine fuel leak 1 low most severe & 3509-4 sensor supply voltage 1 voltage below normal &523591-2 can data link erratic & 157-4 injector rail metering 1 pressure voltage below normal &633-7 engine fuel actuator 1 control Commander not responding. I also had a regen code but I got rid of it by replacing the dpf filter and force regen it. It’s has been a great machine until recently but I think it’s just time for stuff to start going bad. All maintenance always stays up-to-date since I can easily plan for it being the owner and operator. I am no expert on this kinda learning process but any advice would greatly be appreciated.
Can you supply a Serial Number please. All technical information stems from that. Do I understand you correctly that the Code started to come up right after you performed service/maintenance work.? If that is so can you list exactly what service work you did. Were the parts used OEM or aftermarket.?
All cat parts and fluids. I did oil and filter, water/fuel filter, hydraulic filter, and air filters both of them. And the screen filter at the fuel pump.Also did the dpf filter at this time because I had a code for it come up but it’s clear now. Ss# is JX904248. And it seems to started happening right after the service when it got below a half tank of fuel in it.
Out of the list of Codes you have I think the best one to go after first is the 3509-4 for sensor supply voltage. That could be causing other Codes to pop up. Is that Code Active right now.? If so the attached troubleshooting procedure should work. You're going to need a digital multimeter and a few other basic tools. You will also require an electrical schematic for the machine. Keep an eye on your messages, I'll send you one. I still can't get over the fact that all these Codes popped up immediately after a service and can't help thinking that maybe an electrical connection somewhere has been banged or dislodged, or even a wiring harness crushed. I assume you have already checked for that.?
Ok I am going to do that now and will let you know
If I were you I would check the condition of any/all wiring harnesses and connectors in every area where you were working to do the PM work for signs of damage and/or connectors not correctly plugged together. A tin of aerosol contact cleaner might just be your friend here.
The way I read it in post #3 is you started with more than 1/2 a tank of fuel.....used it for a while, and then once below 1/2 tank it started to show codes. Is that correct, or did the codes show right away on start up after service?