Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I Have Maintenence/operator’s Parts and Service Manuals for a JLG 40FND

jay42782 ยท 2011-09-19 20:12

for those who i may be able to help

Replies41
  1. #1tool_king2011-09-19 23:15

    Can you send me a copy of the manual to [email protected]

  2. #2jay427822011-09-20 06:24

    I sure can bud.its gonna take a little time but il do it here soon.I've been coming home from work and fighting this jlg with no controls till dark then its bed time.I will get it copied for your

  3. #3Pavel2011-09-26 19:50

    Hello, Could you please send me the manuals as I am stuck with my lift...I rebuild all selenoids but now the tele IN-Out, platform and steering is not working... your help is certainly appreciated and am willing to pay you too. [email protected] . Thank you, Pavel

  4. #4OFF2011-09-26 21:11

    Set of 40F manuals have been sent to you Pavel. Enjoy!

  5. #5jay427822011-09-30 20:28

    i didn't forget those needing help with manuals.i have been pulling my hair out with my jlg.i promise to sit down and help those in need very soon.were gonna work on the machine tomorrow morning...hopefully figure this thing out

  6. #6Pavel2011-10-03 13:55

    I am totally stuck with the JLG telescope in-out, platform up-down, and steering functions. It is just something that I need a help with..any help, hints, just anything will be extremely helpful. Du you know what the ohms reading should be on the small / large selenoids please. Could you take same reading for me? Thank you, Pavel

  7. #7jay427822011-10-03 18:26

    hey Pavel, you and I are in the same boat.i talked with JLG and they said if i have another dump valve the same as the porportional valve to switch them to see if the problem follows the bad valve.i do not know for sure if i have another valve the same yet but im gonna check. if your having the same problem as me..only basket tilt,telescope and steer im guessing its on the porportional side.im waiting for OFF to chime in and see what he says. make sure you have good power at your poportional dump valve solenoid.i talked with one of the JLG guys today and he thought there was a diode or relay located at or in the lower control panel that sends a signal to the dump valve when a switch is activated. edit: after re-reading your previous post your having the opposite problems as me.hopefully someone can help

  8. #8Pavel2011-10-03 20:53

    Hey Jay, Please check page 33, post #491; 492. I am thinking that the problems are related somehow. For example; I have hydraulic oil flow at the steering line, but no pressure that can move the piston rod. OFF and Willie are the awesome source of help..I quote Willie "wouldn't allow unit to build pressure". I am thinking that is right..So I opened the dump valve behind the 1" hex plug; all the parts seems normal, nothing was seized. I hope I did assembled back all right..My thinking is that the tapered point should be against the tapered opening. I will open it again and take same pictures. Power goes to solenoids, I can measure about 12V when the telescope switch is activated. What puzzles me is the diode, can't find it, it is worth to verify it. If you do know where the diode is located please let me know. Thank you, Pavel

  9. #9Titan Man2012-01-24 15:16

    Would you happen to have a manual for a 60f jlg?

  10. #10Pavel2012-01-24 19:54

    JLG 60F manual Unfortunately no, I have only 40F. Thanks, Pavel

  11. #11papabill2012-02-02 07:54

    Just aquired jlg 40f . Would anyone have a service and parts manual? [email protected]

  12. #12papabill2012-02-04 19:48

    can you send a copy? [email protected]

  13. #13OFF2012-02-07 23:25

    I'm sending you those manuals papbill. Enjoy

  14. #14wisco2012-06-07 10:25

    JLG 40 h 1990 manuals? please and thank you

  15. #15OFF2012-06-07 10:38

    Wisco, I believe the 40H manuals are still available as a download on the JLG web site. your hydraulic tank capacity is 37 US gallons, 104.2 liters.

  16. #16OFF2012-06-07 11:07

    Yup, still available on the JLG web site. Here's a link. http://csapps.jlg.com/OnlineManuals/browse.aspx?path=JLG/JLG Boom Lifts/40H&title=PDF Manuals&refkey=http%3a%2f%2fwww.jlg.com%2fen-US%2fServices.html&link=

  17. #17BRO2013-06-15 18:10

    Do you have any Manuel's for a D8 1950 Model , trying to Help a Friend who is 75 years old get his Steering UnStuck

  18. #18pyro-19552013-06-17 13:51

    Can someone send me a copy? Just acquired what appears to be a 40F, so far only one issue with it, using auxillary power, the boom lower does not seem to work very well..... Guess how I found that one out! Lol... [email protected] Thanks, Pyro

  19. #19artp2013-06-18 13:17

    can I get a copy my 40F works fine but can get it to move forward and reverse

  20. #20OFF2013-06-18 15:37

    welcome artp! Make a couple more posts. You need 3 to unlock the private message feature on this site. Then you can send me a private message with your email address and I'll send you 40F manuals on PDF.

  21. #21OFF2013-06-18 15:39

    send you a set as soon as I get home from work today.

  22. #22pyro-19552013-06-18 15:42

    Thanks, I really appreciate it!

  23. #23artp2013-06-19 12:25

    ok post 2

  24. #24artp2013-06-19 12:29

    ok post 3

  25. #25Rhino19612013-11-17 20:50

    Just bought a 40F that someone has really messed the bucket wiring up on. Would greatly appreciate a copy of the diagrams you have. Mine is SN 730226 it won't drive or raise the boom. If you can e mail to [email protected] . Thanks Jim

  26. #26Rhino19612013-11-17 20:59

    OFF I see you may have the 40F manuals on PDF. I just bought one that someone messed with the bucket wiring and have made quite a mess. Any help would be appreciated.

  27. #27Rhino19612013-11-17 21:01

    post 3

  28. #28OFF2013-11-18 09:41

    Welcome to the site Rhino. I'll send those manuals you need. Also, have a look at this thread on the JLG 40F post #31 show all the types of controllers you may have. Let us know what type you have on your machine.

  29. #29Rhino19612013-11-18 19:16

    I have taken a few photo's of the machine. One major problem besides the bucket control is when trying to raise the boom the engine lugs down and will not raise or lower. Seems as if something is locked or working against it's self.

  30. #30Rhino19612013-11-18 19:18

    Here are a few more of the hydraulics and control panel.

  31. #31Rhino19612013-11-18 19:31

    Last photo's.

  32. #32Rhino19612013-11-18 19:37

    OFF, I really appreciate any help on this that you may have. I have read through a lot of the other thread. There is a wealth of information within it. It will take me some time to sort out the bucket wiring. The schematic will help with that.

  33. #33Rhino19612013-11-18 19:45

    OFF, I really appreciate any help on this that you may have. I have read through a lot of the other thread. There is a wealth of information within it. It will take me some time to sort out the bucket wiring. The schematic will help with that.

  34. #34OFF2013-11-18 19:51

    It's a MOOG/MOOG!!! That's an old baby, but a good system and relatively trouble free btw..... that glass bulb full of mercury hanging down behind your engine goes up on the boom at the back. It controls your high engine & high drive

  35. #35Rhino19612013-11-18 20:02

    I had pulled it down to see if it effected the boom functions. which way is it suppose to mount wires aft or towards the boom?

  36. #36OFF2013-11-18 20:14

    wires towards the front of the boom, so the mercury makes a circuit when the boom is angled down. When the boom gets horizontal or above, the mercury breaks the circuit and you loose fast functions

  37. #37Rhino19612013-11-24 20:36

    Update started working the wiring and found that a section along the boom over 6 feet has deteriorated so bad that most of the wires are exposed and very brittle. Also found that someone had reversed the positive and negative cables off the battery and had the hot attached to the engine block. Don't know how it was starting but would probably explain the burnt up alternator. Still no boom up down and rotation has stopped working. OFF, The manuals have helped a lot however they don't refer to the moog wiring on the bucket do I use the Racine or Bertea? The Racine seems to match the terminal boards within the bucket. But the Racine matches the control wiring closer. Will get the wire on order and rewire most all of the machine. Found a good source that is far cheaper than going through a dealer. Still will be quite a challenge but once done will be worth it.

  38. #38OFF2013-11-26 08:49

    I don't have any kind of 40F Moog basket diagram, but I do have lots of 60F Moog stuff. I'm working on getting some into digital format so I can send it to you. Basic troubleshooting - start at the controller, make sure there is power in and a ground, then make sure there is a signal out in both directions and follow that signal down the path.

  39. #39Rhino19612013-11-26 17:57

    OFF, Any assistance with the Moog info would be great. I plan to start taking the basket controls apart as I repair the box and rewire the whole machine. Will work on it this weekend if weather prevents us from traveling. If not I will get the wire on the way and get started after that. Any way to get an approximate year with the sn: 730226? Hope to get it all up and running to use for my project. I plan to repaint and will most likely sell once all is done.

  40. #40OFF2013-11-27 10:59

    I've got 60F Moog wiring diagrams for basket, ground & main. And I have Moog manuals for the controllers and the valves. Getting it all scanned in, should be done today or tomorrow. I'll check on that serial number for you. Lowest serial number I've seen yet by the way. She's an old girl for sure. 74 to 75 range. Almost 40 years old

  41. #41OFF2013-11-27 12:29

    Factory says 1976 it was built. So it's only 37 years old. Almost new & gently used I'm sure. Looks like it's been painted every color of the rainbow at some point during it's life too