Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I just purchased a John Deere 410 and trying to figure out what year it is can someone help me. Thanks

richj786 ยท 2025-08-20 12:12
Replies10
  1. #1Diesel Dave2025-08-20 14:16

    Welcome to HEF Rich . Deere 410 straight built from 1970 -1983. Not sure why you want to know the year. In the equipment / parts world , serial # is king.

  2. #2HATCHEQUIP2025-08-20 15:09

    78 or 79 by the s/n # doesnt show to be a D just plain old 410 like Dave posted

  3. #3richj7862025-08-20 15:19

    Thanks guys i did try to search the serial number but didn't find anything on it

  4. #4richj7862025-08-20 15:20

    Do I reslly need to put a muffler on it ot can I just go with a straight pipe

  5. #5HATCHEQUIP2025-08-20 15:36

    WHAT EVER YOUR EARS WILL ALLOW or CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW

  6. #6HATCHEQUIP2025-08-20 15:37

    Couldn't resist

  7. #7Willie B2025-08-20 17:29

    I'll guess 1974, no, I don't know. I had a 1974 410, mine had a cab. OK digger, much smoother than any other manufacturer's in the day. As a loader, it wasn't great. I found the clutch style drive line made it spin rear wheels. Dig a hole trying to fill the loader bucket, next scoop wasn't going to work well. I found it best to not try to fill the loader bucket unless on concrete floor. Drag the pile backward, loosen it up, it was easier to fill the bucket. Tire chains helped a lot! Rear dangling backhoe made it tail heavy. I'd run around with a big weight in the front bucket trying to keep the front wheels on the ground.

  8. #8richj7862025-08-25 06:55

    so it looks like I will have to do an inframe have coolant in oil which is no big deal for me but does anyone know where I can get the torque specs and valve adjustment with out paying for a maual. Thanks

  9. #9mg23612025-08-26 05:02

    Head bolts - 95 lb-ft. Retorque to 95 lb-ft after an 1 hour run time. Rod bolts - 52 lb-ft Main crankshaft bolts - 85 lb-ft Intake valve clearance - 0.014" Exhaust valve clearance - 0.018"

  10. #10richj7862025-08-26 06:22

    Thank you very much