Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I’m back

PAwrestling#1 ยท 2014-04-25 09:21

After being off here for probably now 6 to 9 Months I'm back so beware.. I have many old and need to (re)ask many questions on the Hydraulic pressures of my 1977 Case 580C. When I have more time to sit and sort out where I should start I will post these questions, just wanted to say Hi to everyone and let you know I'm still alive..Haha.

Replies6
  1. #1thepumpguysc2014-04-25 12:55

    GREAT, JUST... GREAT.. lol Sense you left, a friend of mine bought 1.. I've been working on it and have a complete service manual on my computer.. I'll forward it to you...when I get home... NOT that we dont enjoy typeing..lol

  2. #2PAwrestling#12014-04-25 13:19

    Love the warmth im feeling.. hahaa.. thanks mr pump. haha

  3. #3PAwrestling#12014-04-26 07:28

    Well being Im not sure how to find old questions and answers on here I will once again state my issues and where im at with them. this hoe from the day I bought it never seemed to really have the digging power that I feel it should have. It has always had milky Hyd. fluid and just recently 3 leaky cylinders. I have them off and at shop getting new seals and fixed up. I know I spoke to people on here about flushing how too's but cant find. I have thoughts of while this is down for cylinders buying a new Hyd. pump but would that be a waste of money not really knowing if its bad. I would bet its weak but no clue how to check or where to check. I'm guessing its original pump but not sure. I know getting system sealed up is first step, and i guess flushing properly would be 2nd step. Oh and the leaking cyl's were one up front for bucket curl, one on side for bucket raise, and one outrigger. Any help,pic's, advice would be greatly appreciated. 1977 580C, mech. shuttle, 2wd machine. Thanks

  4. #4Tinkerer2014-04-26 08:14

    Welcome back PA ! Just put your computer curser over your username and click on it. Then select view forum posts. Here is one of the threads you started.

  5. #5PAwrestling#12014-04-26 09:32

    Ok going way back to possible suction hose leaks or middles colapsed. What type of hose are these. Is this something I can get at auto or tractor stores cut to length or is it specialized hose.

  6. #6Tinkerer2014-04-26 13:41

    Suction line hoses are reinforced to resist collapsing PA. I would buy OEM hoses if I were you.