Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I’m Done!!!

reddot556 ยท 2013-06-14 19:04

After 35 yrs...I retired today!! Things i won't miss Alarm clock going off WAY to early Psycho's on the highway 5 10's & a 8 digging into the sun unmarked utilities marked utilities (whoops) truck drivers (except Sara and Kirsten!!) double cutting ditches ****** right of ways soils inspectors rex's dumb foremen open cabs on a cold day broken AC on a hot day Well,i don't have to deal with any of that ANYMORE!!!!! Here's what i think of these type of machines

Replies12
  1. #1alco2013-06-14 19:43

    Congratulations, enjoy the good life, you've earned it.

  2. #2Buckethead2013-06-14 20:00

    Congratulations!

  3. #3grandpa2013-06-14 20:10

    You gotta keep us posted on how it goes for you after retirement. Im of that age and been thinking about it myself. The nagging question is... will I miss it? What would I do? Congratulations on your final day. Grandpa

  4. #4BlazinSS9342013-06-14 20:36

    Enjoy your retirement brother!! I only have 30 years to go lol that's not a typo

  5. #5wosama931b2013-06-14 21:02

    As they say Congrads on the retirement. And the big party. sam.

  6. #6watglen2013-06-14 21:23

    Good luck for the future, no doubt you'll never really be done. Ken

  7. #7dozer122162013-06-14 21:38

    Hobbies are very important for us retired folks. For me, retired means working a excavator, clearing 50 acres at my leisure of course.

  8. #8Scrub Puller2013-06-14 21:53

    Yair . . . reddot556 . I know the feeling mate! Now I'm done I can't figure out how I ever had time to go to work. (he grins) Cheers.

  9. #9Wick2013-06-14 22:29

    Ha Ha Ha ..... that pic is a ripper, reminds me of a time when I was younger down on the farm. we did a clutch in a one of the Inter tractors we had, I was laying underneath unbolting to split it at the front of the open fronted shed when the old man decides he needs a leak and being raining outside the shed decides to have it right at the back of the tractor, I said to him "you right there are ya" he said "yair why"? I said "you're splashin' me" !!!! "oh s*it" he said - "sorry about that but i've just about finished" !!!!!! ....still makes me laugh thinkin' about it so congrats red, make sure ya keep ya self busy.....or else s'pose you can always change ya mind if it gets a bit hard dodgin' the missus..... whatever you do enjoy it. Cheers Wick

  10. #10pp13bnos2013-06-14 22:43

    Congratulations! Everyone I know who retires says they are busier now than they where while they where working. I can't wait to find out if thats true or not...

  11. #11ddigger2013-06-15 10:14

    Well Done! Enjoy.

  12. #12wornout wrench2013-06-15 22:28

    Congrats I just turned 55. The Freedom 55 plan didn't work, so shooting for 60 (if I make it LOL) Five more years or 6 winning numbers, which ever comes first.:dizzy