Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I’m thinking I should get some OTW tracks. Any recommendations?

NW.Wisc.guy · 2019-05-11 22:24

I let a friend store his 40’ RV in my back yard over the winter and when he came to take it out it got off of a board we laid down to keep it from rutting the lawn and one side of it sunk into the soft ground petted deep so I figured heck, I have a skid steer for just these occasions so I brought it out and bam! I got it stuck too not just one time but twice. That has me thinking I should look into getting some tracks for it. I remember someone had said in a forum I had read on here what the better brand was but now I don’t recall what it was. I can do a search for it too I guess but if anyone has a recommendation feel free to jump in here and give me some direction... Thanks!

Replies5
  1. #1colson042019-05-11 23:42

    I'm partial to Loegering OTT. They take some time to get properly adjusted the first time, but then they only take 15 minutes or so to remove or install after that. Unlike the bar style that only add traction, the plates on the Loegering tracks do add some flotation. I don't run them all the time, but it makes a huge difference during the times I do run them. Whether it is mud and soft ground, or loose sand, it makes a small machine feel big and capable. Camoplast also makes a really nice OTT system that adds a lot of flotation, but I've never run them.

  2. #2KSSS2019-05-13 01:35

    Loegering is the brand that I have. They are the Trailblazer model which has since been renamed. They were awesome. I had them on my 95XT's and 465. Turned the machine into a dozer. I still have them if your interested. They are sized for the 12X16.5 tires. You would have to pull some links and pads off to fit the smaller 430. I have not used them in a long time since I have had a CTL since 2011 and a 440 that I put VTS on before that. You will likely have to flip the tires around so the offset pushes the wheels farther out to make room for them. I had to do that with the 465, and I imagine you would as well with a 430. It will make the machine wider, and so your buckets will have to be wider as well. You are probably around 73" wide right now and you would end up around 78 with tracks, if memory serves me. PM if your interested.

  3. #3KSSS2019-05-13 01:39

    That 430 looks nearly new, you obviously take good care of it.

  4. #4td25c2019-05-13 21:09

    We run the over tire " Grouser's " . Tough track with a good bite . http://www.grouser.com/products/tracks-bar.php They turn a skid loader into a small dozer . Little hard on the surface & tear the hell out of the place but that's what they pay us for . LOL Run them year around . HeavyEquipmentForums

  5. #5jacobd2019-05-16 01:27

    For what it's worth Case, New Holland, Bobcat, and John Deere all source their OEM tracks from Grouser Products Incorporated. I have a Grouser branded set and I like them. They add considerable weight but make a night and day difference in mud.