Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I need an answer to my question about wheel loader

equipment fan ยท 2007-04-15 20:53

Hi guys:notworthy ,i would like to know more about machinery in cement plant.First,wich is the best maker of wheel loader for a cement plant and second,wich is the best model (930g,wa320,etc.) to do the best job? And,does cement plant have other machinery such as a backhoe loader?I dont have experience in this type of work,so THANKS IN ADVANCE for your answers. Guillaume alias equipment fan

Replies9
  1. #1mflah872007-04-15 21:35

    Size of loader depends on size of plant. The cement plant near me is a small one and has a Cat 950 loading it. The big cement plant up in Saugus has a Cat 980 loading it. The only other machines a plant would have would be a dozer, a rock truck, and an excavator. I don't see the use for a backhoe in a cement plant.

  2. #2Countryboy2007-04-15 21:51

    The asphalt pant here, which uses pretty much the same equipment as a cement plant, has a 980H, an excavator and a dozer. They also have a backhoe and skidsteer but they are only for doing cleanup. The 980H is the only one I know the exact model of.

  3. #3surfer-joe2007-04-16 00:40

    Many concrete and gravel plants here in the Phoenix area use Cat 966 and 980 size loaders. Have seen some Komatu, Kawasaki, Volvo and Deere loaders in the same size ranges, all being used for the same work. Cat by far has the largest population at work. Smaller loaders work well for clean-out work in and around the plant. This can include skid-steers and what is commonly called a Gannon tractor here, which is basically a farm tractor with a drag-scraper mounted on the back and a loader frame & bucket on the front. The 966/980 size machines are useful for feeding the plant, moving material from stockpiles to holding areas, and loading trucks. The newer 950 size machines are common too.

  4. #4equipment fan2007-04-16 08:28

    thanks guys for the information:notworthy and i think the attachments use for the loader is a bucket,fork and a broom for cleaning,it is true?

  5. #5mflah872007-04-16 15:36

    true. Some cities only allow plants if they clean and maintain the street they are located on. This includes sweeping it, plowing it.

  6. #6Steve Frazier2007-04-16 17:09

    The local concrete plant here uses a Volvo about the size of a 980 Cat to keep the bins of both the concrete plant and the asphalt plant full. He doesn't have to travel far to do so, the material piles are about 100 yards away at the farthest. Both plants are located at the stone quarry and the materials piles are fed by conveyors. I'm not sure if they have a backhoe or skid steer here, I don't recall seeing either. They'd be used for cleaning under the conveyors if they did, that's about it.

  7. #7DirectTech2007-04-16 20:02

    I know that the Plant, they run 10 trucks not that big, that I used to work at had a 936 and now they have a 950E, They also have bobcat used for clean-up.

  8. #8CAT245ME2007-04-17 17:27

    There are a couple cement plants near me, the first one was running a Cat 936E for a few years but just upgraded to a new 936. And the second plant is running a Cat 950F. I havent seen a loader any bigger than the 950F being used at any cement plant.

  9. #9equipment fan2007-04-17 17:57

    ok thanks guys,if you have other comment,post it!