Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I need help with a cat wiring diagram

HESCO ยท 2022-01-17 18:35

Critters ate the wiring harness at the computer. I am tracing the circuits from the computer plug but I have reached a point on the diagram were they appear to turn back on themselves. What am I missing? Also if I open the loom would the wires be numbered?

Replies5
  1. #1BigWrench552022-01-17 19:12

    I can only say that yes. The wires are numbered inside the loom.

  2. #2HESCO2022-01-17 19:22

    Ok thanks, I can get it from there. Also I studied the diagram further and got past my roadblock.

  3. #3Chrisso2022-01-18 07:29

    FWIW... sometimes it helps to follow the harness code also. Helps me visualise the wire in the machine. Glad you got it sorted.

  4. #4HESCO2022-01-18 20:10

    The area that confused me is at the pencil point in the picture. The lower group is identical to the upper group connected???

  5. #5Chrisso2022-01-19 03:25

    Correct... it's saying that that group of wires takes a U-turn in the schematic. Remember the schematic is just a drawn representation of the wiring... they don't physically take a U-turn.