Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I NEED HELP WITH OPINIONS ON 530 international motor

rioncrsn ยท 2012-01-11 14:36

I am looking to get a quad international with the 530 international motor. Dont know much about this motor. Wondering if would be a good truck or need to run from it. Please help.

Replies4
  1. #1CRAFT2012-01-11 20:43

    Is that the gas or diesel version you are asking about ? ............ from what I can remember that was the engine they used in the old TD20 as well, one mean sounding V8 .... which in turn would kick the crap outta the D7's

  2. #2FWD2012-01-12 21:01

    The 530 is based on a DT466 which was a good engine. I know nothing about a 530 but I do know the 466 is a good engine. I think the newer 466 electronic engine is different than the mechanical 466 that the 530 is based on. The V8 that CRAFT is talking about would be a 550 or 573 in the TD20-C or a 800 in a TD20-E. FWD

  3. #3Dualie2012-01-12 22:55

    the 530 is the big bore DT466. its every thing the dt466 is with a bit more power and torque. i wouldnt want to have it pulling 80,000lbs all day but its a damn good motor for moving up to 40,000lbs

  4. #4CRAFT2012-01-13 01:06

    Your right ....it was the 550 in that TD20 ....... it was a lonnnnnng time ago ....LOL