Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I need JD STS photo

Malmac ยท 2009-07-10 01:23

Hullo all, I need photos of JD STS combines windrowing straw for baling. Thanx in anticipation, Malmac in Australia.

Replies4
  1. #1Deerehauler2009-07-12 01:05

    Since we are in the middle of wheat harvest (when it isn't raining) I will see what I can do.

  2. #2Malmac2009-07-12 18:28

    Thanks Deerehauler Thanks in advance Deerehauler, I look forward to your photos. One of my customers needs these for a presentation to an Agricultural Bureau. Regards, Malmac

  3. #3Deerehauler2009-07-29 23:03

    Malmac, wheat harvest in our area was not typical. We have had rain almost every day, which have made the fields almost impassible. With the excess moisture, daily cutting times have averaged 2 hours per day, when 12-15 hours per day would be the norm. No one was using a STS and leaving a windrow for straw. I think they were afraid they would never be able to bale the straw, regardless of type of combine used. I apologize for my lack of pictures. I hope someone else is able to help you out.

  4. #4Malmac2009-07-29 23:28

    Thanks Deerehauler, you can't control the weather! I have had no luck yet getting a photo for my client. Hopefully some-one will see this thread and oblige. Thanks for replying, Regards, Malmac in australia