Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I need pressure settings for Cat 320BL

bunky ยท 2015-07-07 19:42

I need main pump, pilot and crossover pressure settings for Cat 320 BL SN# 6CR00889 I have a manual for a 330 BL and not sure if settings are the same. This thing will not turn. With tracks off the ground then that track will move but with weight of unit it will not turn. (Either Left or Right) Unit will drive forward and reverse in a straight line. Thanks Ed

Replies6
  1. #1Bob/Ont2015-07-07 19:56

    Reseal the swivel joint. Later Bob

  2. #2bunky2015-07-07 20:10

    That is what I was hoping not to have to do. Customer probably will not go for the swivel repair but then again he probably won't go for much of anything on this unit.

  3. #3bunky2015-07-07 21:23

    anyone know the cost for the reseal kit and time to pull down, rebuild and reinstall.

  4. #4Nige2015-07-08 03:47

    There isn't a single seal kit but for the swivel but for the individual seals I'm showing about $60 total. Someone who's worked on one will have to chime in regarding time to R&I plus D&A of the swivel itself. Be aware that if you find the centre post of the swivel scored or corroded where the last seal runs on the end you might be in for a re-chroming job at best or at worst replacement of the centre post of the swivel. That part is listed at $1100.

  5. #5bunky2015-07-08 07:37

    Yeah The last one I did I sent the part out for rechroming. Its been awhile but I am thinking somewhere in the $5000 to remove rebuild and reinstall.

  6. #6woolls2015-07-08 07:45

    I have a 325L, It wasn't tracking straight and very slow/no grunt on the right side track. From what I was reading on the forum/net, I thought ok, swivel needs new seals. I ordered all the seals form the local cat dealer. Nige sent me the guide on how to remove the swivel/replace the seals. It probably took me 8 hrs all up, but with lots of swearing. Worst thing was, it didn't solve my problem. I am now looking at pump pressures etc. cheers Leigh