Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

i need some info on p&h h312 excavators and late model d4 7u’s

caterpillarRy ยท 2012-09-26 20:24

me and my grandfather have a 1959 d4 7u with a 5 roller track frame hyster d4 winch the oil clutch and in the seat starting and i'd like info on machines like these and p&h h312 excavators as we are looking into them at the moment i more of need undcarage and hydraulic system info any info would be greatly appreciated thanks, Ryan PS sorry for the spelling mistakes ela is not my strong suite

Replies5
  1. #1FirstEliminator2012-09-26 21:32

    Hi, I have a P&H H312. It is a good running machine. Mine has been apart in my shop since spring as I can't find the time to work on it. I started replacing the track chain which is one problem with these machines. they use the same chain as an Allis Chalmers HD5 or HD6 dozer.This chain is no longer available. I did manage to find some o-k used chain and started to do the work to the tracks but kinda drifted away onto other projects. i do have a parts manual and some other info on the H312. Let me know if I can help. I noticed you are in Massachusetts, where are you located? I am in North Adams, MA----in the northwest corner. Mark

  2. #2caterpillarRy2012-09-26 21:52

    i live in worcester county but my stuff is in uxbridge at my grandfathers house but i already knew about the chains as my grandfather had a few p&h shovels i more of was looking for drive system like is it chain driven sprockets like the old crane undercarages

  3. #3FirstEliminator2012-09-26 22:11

    It is chain driven. http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g39/FirstEliminator/?action=view&current=MVI_3842.mp4 Mark

  4. #4caterpillarRy2012-09-26 22:23

    thanks

  5. #5caterpillarRy2012-09-27 17:38

    can like no one tell me factors like rarity on my d4