Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I picked up this 55 year old bandsaw yesterday

skyking1 ยท 2024-03-31 11:37

I know, different shop but I am transitioning to my softer, wood side now. It needs new tires, blade, a fence, and a pulley for the new single phase motor. I found all the parts at one vendor online. Check out this nifty magfence. https://carterproducts.com/band-saw-products/band-saw-magfence/magfencer-ii-next-gen-magnetic-fence It fills a hole in the shop tools. I build my own cabinets and would like the ability to resaw some local wood and also some sustainable exotics. My other big tools are a grizzly 10" cabinet saw, a 12x4 shopsmith planer, grizzly 4 bag vac system, a Kreg 1Hp router table setup. Next up is a sander. I'd love to saw some boards, send them a pass through the planer for dimension, and feed them through a sander.

Replies1
  1. #1Joe H2024-03-31 11:43

    A helix head on the planer will get yu close to no sanding needed. Joe H