Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I used to hate all top management

cortlandj86 ยท 2011-05-16 10:47

Most top managment and ceo's and all of that crap are full of bs and themselves. but i really did like what the vp for Magnum products had to say to be honest. I usually just dismiss or dont pay attentionn to articles or anything like that but i was really bored at work earlier haha. if what he says is true then i may have to change my mind about disliking all top management. there is a video so you don't have to read (another reason I checked it out) anyways, here is the link y'all http://blog.machinefinder.com/4423/oem-spotlight-magnum-products

Replies14
  1. #1BahrnsEquipment2011-05-30 01:27

    A lot of people at the top really get it to their heads. Of course, there are still many good souls out there. I try not to form stereotypes (I agree that this can be very challenging at times.)

  2. #2Sweaver2011-07-01 09:28

    There is a reason the executives make it to the top, and I have not figured it out. For some reason we need them, and they need us. Most of the upper echelon at my company are very cool.

  3. #3Nige2011-07-01 11:26

    I've worked for bosses ranging from the very good to the terrible. The knack you need is to detect where a potential boss falls in that scale BEFORE you make the move to go and work for him ...........

  4. #4QuickTrax2011-07-01 11:58

    I have found that the individuals that are best to work for are the ones who had to work their way to the top. Those hired to come in and start at some upper level job with minor experience are usually the ones who find it harder to get respect from lower level employees. I have found only few exceptions to this.

  5. #5rare ss2011-07-02 01:05

    corporate structure is like a tree full of monkeys, the few ones at the top look down and all they see is a bunch of smiling faces, the ones at the bottom look up and all they see is a bunch of @ssholes

  6. #6Aussie Leroy2011-07-02 20:14

    Yes i agree managment are mudgauards (Fenders) shiny on top and **** underneath

  7. #7nextdoor2011-07-07 06:18

    Its a bugger when its just you and your missus in the business!!!!!!!!!!!

  8. #8Colorado Digger2011-07-07 21:15

    office turds :usaat this point i do not seem to like anyone involved in the large offices. the big bosses just tell us "did you read the contract?". they always slip extra work in after the scope has been agreed upon. 5 years additional insurance. list of extra people to add to the additional insured. it really is not alot of fun at the moment. then there are the guy's that want to know why it will cost more, or why it is a change order. i had a p.m try to write into the contract(no change orders) i have always been a field guy and have problems as the business grow and demand for office work increases. even my office people are fed up with all the b.s going on with the jobs out there at the moment. but what other choice do we have. when the going gets tough, the tough get going. regards, cd:Banghead:Banghead

  9. #9watglen2012-03-15 08:21

    I was in the same position before i started farming. I can relate to how angry it makes you when the salesman comes along and tells engineering that we need to add something to the job for free, in order "to keep them happy" Then they wonder why the company went broke. Somehow you have to figure out how to sell a high bid, so you can afford to just throw stuff in later. I know it seems like everyone else is doing that, but at the same time i know its the same all over.

  10. #10BridgeCraneJen2012-04-05 09:03

    QuickTrax, I agree with you there. The exceptions to the rule that I've noticed are people who are genuinely humble, hardworking and respectful of their employees. It's hard NOT to respect people like that!!

  11. #11KevWeb812012-04-05 11:29

    I'm with you on this one, usually I don't find it in my place to judge another person, but I sure can tell when an upper level worker is struggling to get respect or fails to deserve the respect of others. I try to give respect where it is due, especially to the good guys who've work their way up to the top from the bottom.

  12. #12scott_s2012-04-10 19:32

    We all put our pants on one leg at a time! I try to remember that when it comes to snobby CEO's

  13. #13TozziWelding2012-04-16 15:18

    If you are completely incompetent, a total *******, fail at every job you have ever had, and a ball suck, you are destin for the ranks of upper management.

  14. #14alexllever2012-05-21 23:59

    Most top managment and ceo's and all of that crap are full of bs and themselves. yeah it's true. but that's why they can make it and success, at least for me. we need to learn from them and figure out why they can be CEO not us.