Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I’ve got questions

Noob_Technician ยท 2015-07-27 20:20

I am thinking about joining the Caterpillar team, it is something i really want to do but im alittle nervous about the process. Is there any cat technicians out there who can tell me what the process is like? I heard you have to do an interview which is normal, but also an aptitude test and other things. I am still in school and im interested in working with Cat, so I dont really know much about the process. also if anyone has any sites or documents they can give me so i can become familiar with Cat products that would be nice, I know a good bit but i dont like to brag so any info would be appreciated, it can also help me out with the interview. thanks in advance.

Replies9
  1. #1movindirt2015-07-27 21:46

    Do you mean the Think Big program?

  2. #2Noob_Technician2015-07-28 04:49

    ummm no, i have no idea what the think big program is. and i mean whats the steps you have to do to become a cat technician.

  3. #3movindirt2015-07-28 09:03

    iirc the Think Big Program was a program offered at our local community college and it was a 2 year course for becoming a Cat mechanic, sponsored by a Cat dealer and the whole 9 yards. You had said your still in school so I wasn't sure what you meant.

  4. #4Noob_Technician2015-07-28 18:42

    oh ok i understand what your talking about now. and did you do this course?

  5. #5nowing752015-07-28 20:53

    Talk to your local cat dealer and ask if they are involved in the think big program. I have not done it but it sounds like a pretty good deal as they pay most of your schooling.

  6. #6movindirt2015-07-28 21:02

    No, I looked in to taking it, and since I am near Peoria, IL I could have worked at the peoria proving grounds which probably would have been a lot of fun. But I decided that wasn't what I wanted to do for a career. :beatsme

  7. #7Noob_Technician2015-07-29 04:42

    well I'll try but idk if they are taking in any people :crying

  8. #8lantraxco2015-07-29 12:40

    Do you want to work for Mother CAT or a dealer? The dealer I used to work for liked to hire graduates of UTI: http://www.uti.edu/programs/diesel

  9. #9Noob_Technician2015-07-29 16:09

    well i guess its like a dealer. and im doing a course something like this uti program, btw do you have any documents to help me familiarize myself with cat products?