Hi all I believe this is my first post so be kind . AH AH OK I was thinking of a new trailer a Bi-Mar 20,000 lbs goose neck for hauling wood pellets,chicken litter, cow **** , and dirt. So I have a GMC 3500 4X4 DRW 4 door diesel , the trailer weight is approx 7,500 lbs. so if I load it with 4 ton staying under 10,000 lbs so the load and trailer would weigh approx 16,500 lbs .This would be for myself at first .wink wink I will be starting a business next year or two. Thanks I like reading this forum .
DOT numbers and a class A CDL are going to be needed to stay legal. Start hauling for someone else and you are going to need all the necessary insurance.
Thanks Texascadillac42 :Banghead I pull a fifth wheel camper rated for 16,500 lbs. I beleave the camper weigh is approx 11,500 lbs. So I though that as long as I did not go over 16,500 trailer with load it should be the same because my GVWR is 23,500 lbs ?