Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I260hs-a

BrianGrenier ยท 2015-12-06 19:24

I260hs-a Hi Experts, Over here, just bought a http://www.tractordata.com/industria...ster-260a.html from an auction...was told it moved forward and reverse (but not well, apparently) It is a hydro transmission. Possibilities include cavitation, plugged ports, plugged filters, poor linkage adjustment, bad pump, low oil. In this pic where the driver had the linkages lock, he said under the brake, and it almost drove off the far end of the trailer, but the story seems wrong cause the fwd would have gotten stuck because fwd is under the brake. Maybe there is a nuetral or high pressure valve sticking? Where would I start looking? This has a 290 engine. Serial number searches are not real productive on this machine. A bit rare it seems. Some models had a backhoe. this is a loader with a 3pt hitch. The side of the trans was HH 400946R4. Machine is 2710095U101623

Replies5
  1. #1BrianGrenier2016-02-03 13:54

    Update: There is rubbing from the lever that controls direction and there is also slop in the foot pedals that work the hydrostatic linkage.

  2. #2Craigbullers2016-06-25 10:58

    Hello brian I'm a newbie here but having issues with weak fwd/reverse on same machine but has the hoe! Just wondering if you had any luck sorting this out yet?

  3. #3BrianGrenier2016-06-25 11:18

    I did find an answer. Removing the top cover underneath the floorboard there is a squarish block cover that inside of it has two valves with rings where my O-ring on the forward was burst. There is also a backup plastic washer that I was not able to locate. At first I was advised to only put 1 0 ring and leave the slack there. That did not work. I subsequently put two o rings and to good effect and the Machine is working but I do have an extra supply of the Rings but it's trivial to replace. Good luck

  4. #4Craigbullers2016-06-25 15:28

    Thank you for the advice I will have to tear it apart an have a look! Do you remember what size o'ring you had to use?

  5. #5Craigbullers2016-06-25 15:32

    also was trying to find numbers for the hydraulic filters but no luck so far! Just got the machine 2 days ago, my first piece of heavy equipment