We own a motocross track in Oklahoma, after looking all over the country at different facilities I've never found anything that works the dirt up better for racing than a Roterra or other power harrow system. I've tried to find an old lely roterra for several years and finally have one. My concern is thing sure jumps around a lot back there. This thing doesn't really have anything like a new compact tractor would have as far as a 3 point stabilizer. Anyone have any ideas? I've linked to a photo of it running. https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1914127685292455
I have an old 50” Krone tiller...heavy sucker. It jumps around a bit in rocky soil. My old Massey Ferguson had solid sway bars to the lift arms. I’m looking to put the same on my New Holland compact that just has chains now. With farm tractors not having down pressure, I’m not sure how much movement you can eliminate. The side movement didn’t look too bad in your video. Darryl
The up and down movement is minimal, and in that video you are correct the side to side movement doesn't seem too bad. However at times It gets really bad. Our dirt has 0 rocks but tends to get rather hard packed at times. Just really trying to cut down the side to side.
So, on my Massey, the stabilizers were almost like the adjustable links to the lift arm- solid turnbuckle tubes with 7/8” eyes on each end that attaches to pins on the rear axle and the end of the lift arms. You could eliminate all side movement. Darryl