Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Identify old euclid haul truck

briant0411 ยท 2024-08-31 10:47

Can someone help me identify this old truck so I can find out how much it weighs

Replies14
  1. #1OzDozer2024-08-31 10:57

    I'd have to say it's an old R-27 Euclid rear dump, and I'd hazard a WAG that it weighs around 40,000lbs.

  2. #2briant04112024-08-31 12:49

    Thank you would that make it a 27 ton truck

  3. #3Nige2024-08-31 12:58

    As per what @OzDozer quoted 27 tons (54k pounds) is the maximum payload capacity of the truck, not how much it weighs empty.

  4. #46-1102024-08-31 14:16

    I think it is a 91FD which is a lot smaller than a R-27.

  5. #5JaredV2024-08-31 16:11

    Is that an iron lung Cummins?

  6. #66-1102024-08-31 18:36

    The truck in the original post should have a 6-71 detroit and a 5 speed manual trans.It has single reduction diff and planetary hubs. 1600 tires on rear and 1200 on steer axle.

  7. #7kshansen2024-08-31 19:30

    Look a little closer at the frame and there should be a serial number stamped in some place if y6ou can find that I have some old sheets on Euclids and might be able to be sure of what the weight would be on it. It looks to be clean enough that reading the S/N should not be hard!

  8. #8OzDozer2024-08-31 20:37

    I think 6-110 is onto it, on closer inspection the engine does look like a 6-71 GM Diesel (they weren't called Detroits back in the 1950's, the Detroit Diesel name only came in after 1967). If it was an R-27, it would have a turbocharged NRT-6-B Cummins engine.

  9. #9briant04112024-09-01 01:07

    It is a 6-71 detroit. Thank you all for your help this is something I acquired in a deal and I'm gonna go pick it up this week and was just wondering what trailer I need to take.

  10. #10OzDozer2024-09-01 03:50

    The Euclid 91FD is also known as the R-15, and the spec sheet says 31,400lbs operating weight for this model. The sheet says 12.00x25 front tyres and 14.00x25 rear tyres, but it's entirely possible Euclid went to 16.00 tyres after the sheet was printed, and only early production wore 14.00's on the rears. The rears on your truck look like 16.00x25 to me.

  11. #11briant04112024-09-07 16:37

    Thank you and thanks to everyone else who responded. I just went and picked it up yesterday it seems to run good I haven't messed with it too much but I'm just using it to deliver material local and stockpile from a gravel bar about half a mile from my house. Hoping I can get these tires changed if I ever need too lol

  12. #12JaredV2024-09-07 17:47

    Get some video if you can!

  13. #13briant04112024-10-06 14:30

    I will I'm about to move on a job where I'll use it so I'll post some

  14. #14briant04112024-10-09 00:07

    Do you guys know anything about a kobelco sk250lc