Would anyone like to take a guess at the model and/or year of this Euclid truck? The only thing I know is that it's (almost certainly) a Scottish built machine.
Looks more like a Terex R-15?
Dump cyl. looks to be upside down, R 22's had the small end down with the hoses connected to it.
Thanks for the suggestions so far. I'm struggling to find anything on Google images with that shape front end.
Would it be possible that someone made a new front end after some accident damage .?
Yair . . . Cmark I reckon ben46a is on the money. I know little about quarry trucks but I remember that little teardrop window was on a truck I dove for a while on a rock heap on the south side of Brisbane . . . the R-15 sort of sounds familiar. It had some sort of a Cummins and the other one had a Jimmy, they were fairly new, would have been early 'seventies. Cheers.
OK. Nice work, men. R-15 helped find this video from 1970. https://youtu.be/ty6hKOYCDs0?t=20m29s And then on to the fifth photo down on; http://blackwood-hodge.typepad.com/home/terex/ and then; http://www.i-bidder.com/en-gb/aucti...0062/lot-fd99f9cd-2f7f-47e2-b533-a3d3009a55cc So there we go. It's a Scottish built Terex R-17 of approx 1970 vintage.
i'm surprised they list that auction unit in poor condition. I thought it looked rather tidy considering its age and the life a haul truck endures. I suppose compared to todays units it looks poor, because it has no creature comforts like they have now. No radio, just a 6-71 (or in this case possibly a Leyland or rolls) humming in your ear all day.
The Terex factory's literally 5 miles frommy home and my brother is a test and development engineer there at the moment. It still produces Terex rigid and articulated trucks but it was recently bought over by Volvo> Their still using the Terex name at the moment but rumors are in a few years the green/white trucks of Terex will be replaced by yellow Volvo branded rigids.
Blackwood Hodge - aka Deadwood Dodge........now there's a name from my miss-spent youth. They were the Terex-GM dealers for the UK in the late 1970s.
We up until a couple years ago still had the last of the three Brazilian made R-35Bs we bought many years back. The last few times we needed parts like gears for the planetary drives had to wait for them to be shipped over to the US from Scotland. Biggest fault I could have with them is the brakes, almost needed to call ahead for an appointment if you wanted to stop them! Guess the 769A->C Cats just spoiled us! Just thinking about that truck reminded me of the time I was having some problem sorting out an electrical problem in it. Wiring had be patched and cobbed too much over the years. Well decided I was done dicking around and got out the sidecutters! Boss came in as I was throwing wires right and left out of the cab, he asked if I found the problem. I said no but it won't be in here anymore! Sketched up my own diagram with only the items actually used on the truck and later the next day it was back to work. Other than maybe a burned out light bulb now and then don't recall another electrical problem for the last 10 or 12 years we used it!