Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Identifying an old carco winch

Mackenzie Sinclair ยท 2021-02-10 22:49

I recently picked up an old carco winch for my d7 17a it is off a little newer d7 17a but basicly the same machine. The winch has sat for many years and is pritty rough. The identification plates are missing except for a couple casting numbers and the (manufactured by carco) casting. I was just woundering if there is a way to identify the model by the casting numbers? It looks very similar to this one but i can't seem to find any other info or pics like it. Thanks.

Replies3
  1. #1old-iron-habit2021-02-11 15:28

    I don't remember the name but goggle Carco Winch Parts in the city I call Blood Bath, (Tulsa) Oklahoma. They have a huge online site for Cargo, Gearmatic and most other winches, including online parts books. Most models of winches are made there and I have bought parts from them a number of times over the years. Call them, email a picture or three, and there is a good chance they will identify it in about 30 seconds. No cheap parts available. Thats why I call it Blood Bath. Last time I ordered it was a $75.00 minimum charge even though I only need a couple three dollar seals for the winch on my Ranger skidder.

  2. #2Mackenzie Sinclair2021-02-11 19:13

    Ok thats great ill look them up thanks!

  3. #3Old Magnet2021-02-11 20:00

    I saw the ad for that winch at Arrow-West. Give them a call and ask the model number.