Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Identifying Cat motor grader

Langdon Stevenson ยท 2022-09-20 05:13

Hi, I am trying to identify the model of an old Australian Cat grader. Serial number is: 95C 43 I'm trying to work out dimension and weight for transport. And to find some parts. Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide. Regards, Langdon

Replies2
  1. #1Nige2022-09-20 07:35

    95C prefix is a model 212 motor grader built by Cat in Australia. First production was 1955 and with such a low Serial Number 95C43 must have been one of the first built. It appears to be a model somewhat unique to Australia and does not have a direct crossover to (for example) a US-built machine from the same era, although there I'm sure there must be some similarities with machines such as the 79C-prefix 212 grader that was first built in US in 1954. Can't help you there but if you register as a member in the ACMOC forum - www.acmoc.org/ - then I'm sure someone will be able to help you. Parts will be difficult to source without Part Numbers so the first thing you will most likely need is a Parts Manual. i understand that ACMOC have a library of manuals for machines of that era.

  2. #2Langdon Stevenson2022-09-20 07:52

    Hi Nige, Thank you for the fast reply and the information. I've managed to find specs for weight and length based on your info, so I really appreciate your assistance. Thank you too for the suggestion of joining ACMOC for the parts manual. I will check them out. Regards, Langdon