Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

IDigbest System?

B.K.Jackson · 2013-01-07 21:49

Has anyone heard of the IDigBest system by Excavating Solutions? Below is the link. It seems like a pretty neat system and the price looks right but I haven't heard of it before. http://excavatingsolutions.com/idigbest.htm

Replies30
  1. #1AusDave2015-03-28 08:44

    Has nobody had any experience with this gear?? It's either too good to be true or really good. Would love to hear some real world experience from users. AusDave

  2. #2tylermckee2015-03-28 12:42

    Looks like a pretty sweet setup, especially for the price. Would love to hear some real contractors feedback

  3. #3LiecaMan2015-03-28 17:26

    Just thought I'll offer my .02 . We have Lieca 2d systems on two of our excavators . We have had great success with them though you still have too physically run the machine. I watched the videos on the idigbest system it seems too have good results despite the fact it didn't correct itself very smoothly . One of the important things too check with those systems is how often they refresh as your digging. Last thing you want is too be slowed down by your grading system :beatsme. Good luck though would be interested in how it works if you go with that system .

  4. #4tylermckee2015-03-29 12:20

    I spent half the morning watching videos of/about the system, seems like they may be integrating GPS into the system, but most of the videos show setting your grades based off a known bench mark or off your laser. Set bucket on benchmark, enter elevation and go, the system know knows your elevation anywhere you put it in real time, and I'm assuming once you track to a new position you need to reset your bench mark. Using the laser is basically the same but obviously you can move the machine without having to reset your bench mark as long as you can pick up the laser. At their price point and being incredibly simple I can see this system being invaluable for almost any aspect of residential and commercial construction. no grade man and perfect grades every time, even without the 'auto pilot' feature it's an incredible tool, that's just the icing on the cake. I would definitely like to know more about the system.

  5. #5IDIGBEST2015-04-05 20:48

    Hello guys my name is Phil I'm that IDigBest guy Have a ton of new stuff coming out this year. GPS is a big one. We are rewriting the way GPS is used and for 1/2 the price! The system I'm building for the small guy. Is to give the ability to have GPS and plans with a cloud technology. My new online software is so cool you will love it! Just take a picture of the foundation or a sewer main or what ever from google maps. then set up to points to work from. Example; just have servitor put two stakes on the job. and never layout the job. You will have the ability to see when your excavator is centered on footer and when bucket is in line. Here is a good video for you guys to see! https://youtu.be/gPrLAAd-250 we have machine you can come and run when ever you are this way

  6. #6IDIGBEST2015-04-05 20:58

    Our system is running triple gyro sensor that give a correct answer 100 X per second. you Leica system is very slow as you no. you have a delay of almost 1/2 second That is working with hydraulics to correct grade is about 6" off or 3" grade before telling system to correct. The IDIGbest system uses LED's out near the bucket that will give you grade correction faster that the speed of sound. this is the only way I could get accurate grade control for and excavator. we also include tilt control for those of you the would like to control complexed angles!

  7. #7tylermckee2015-04-06 20:36

    So the two survey stakes are the reference points for the GPS? So really as long as I have accurate property corner pins I could use those or place my own reference points by laying out off a couple property corners?

  8. #8IDIGBEST2015-04-11 06:01

    Yes that is correct. So with IdigBest on line plan builder you could put in one house plan and dig it on 100 different sites. Just have servers stake to front corner 10 foot online. Or if out in the country. Not near property points. Just drive your own stakes in for reference. Just added to the program this week so you can out sewer lines in with manholes. Inv, tC or TOW, FF. any labels you won't for vertical measuring. Then you can change bench. And grades follow. Plus program will figure %slooe fir you!

  9. #9IDIGBEST2017-05-12 06:45

    IDigBest has the only real time digging system in the world. we provide instant perfect grade whale in motion even when machine is rocking forward and back or side to side! IDigBest is build by excavators that have done 20,000+ job basements, sewer mains, comercel jobs

  10. #10EK7012017-05-14 03:09

    What is rough pricing for an excavator?

  11. #11farmboy5552017-12-26 18:46

    It would be nice to have an ideal of the cost to put it on an excavator?

  12. #12TrentNz2018-01-19 14:59

    I'm assuming that its the same brand but I'm running the iDig 2D laser system and its pretty damn good and approx 10k Nzd cheaper than trimble

  13. #13gruntscoreboard2018-05-15 06:44

    Many claims that IDigBest system is a good excavating machine control systems.

  14. #14farmboy5552018-07-16 07:02

    Seems like a great system But I’ll have to wait till the new wears off and prices drop

  15. #15KSSS2019-10-29 22:36

    I am looking for a system, most likely 3D. I will be honest, IDigBest may be all that it sounds, but a representative (or CEO) that cant spell or build an even semi-coherent sentence causes me concern. Has capability to build online software, but struggles with written communication? These systems are expensive, confidence in the product and those behind it is pretty important I think. I will be looking for them at ConExpo.

  16. #16farmboy5552019-11-23 09:55

    I would just like a basic manual control system, Owner/Operator just doing basic work. Footers & septic systems

  17. #17IDIGBEST2020-11-15 10:14

    The IDigBest system generation 4 is an unbelievable 2D/3D hydraulic grade-assist system. The best aspect of IDigBest is zero latency (zero delay). This gives you the ability to have such accurate readings you will be within a hundredth of a foot in a hundredth of a second. Example: if you roll your bucket with the tooth on a fixed point the system will measure the thickness of your tooth. Our unique electronic valve control system can actually feel the operator's inputs as they are digging and allow very soft corrections at any speed.

  18. #18IDIGBEST2020-11-15 10:16
  19. #19skyking12020-11-27 23:58

    I'll be watching this with interest. I get layout from the plumbers, if I could just get 1% and 2% grades after I set up in a trench I'd be good.

  20. #20IDIGBEST2020-12-03 07:29
  21. #21IDIGBEST2020-12-03 07:49

    Honestly it's incredible how intuitive you are to figure out that I don't spell good yes I did ride the short bus all my life. But the shallowness you express on this form has nothing to do with the ability of the Idigbest system. My competition does about 1 billion a week. My strengths are in the areas where it takes to build machine control for an excavator. I have put together over the years the most high tech accurate dig system in the world. My experiences ability to see 3-D in mathematics to an eccentric level. Computer programming is very simple to me and running a very successful business in the excavating world is very easy for me. By The timer is 41 I did over 23,000 jobs. And I needed to solve the problem of replacing labor. You're gonna find the system will relax you and give you abilities to dig much more accurate and faster with no stress. The system helps you also teach your newer unexperienced employees keeps keeps them from costing you money as they learn. Any questions or challenges you have I would love to take you up on them. I love to win please bring it on. Don't forget we provide seven day a week help 20 hours per day. Our users if Idigbest are the most important!

  22. #22KSSS2020-12-03 21:57

    Well, maybe to you my concerns are shallow, and that is fine. I have watched most of the IDIGBEST videos and it looks interesting and as I pointed out may be worth serious consideration as an alternative to the big names in this business. Hopefully you can understand that we are all judged by what we say and what we write regardless of who we are. So to me anyway, your company is scrutinized not only by what you can build but also by what and how you convey yourself. I guess if that bothers you, then learn English grammar and spelling. How many different people are using this IDIGBEST account? Some appear to be able to write and convey thought, the person above can not. So as a perspective customer, my suggestion is allow those that can convey IDIGBEST in the most positive manner be the ones that do the response to questions. Lastly, "Hooked on Phonics" has helped millions of people in this situation, I just checked and they are still around. I suggest making that mandatory reading in the company. Good luck with your product, it looks cool.

  23. #23fourwheel12021-03-28 13:25

    How about we stick to the product instead of a person's traits!!! Anyway I installed I dig best in January.. Happy to answer any questions regarding the Product.

  24. #24farmboy5552021-03-28 20:37

    So what type system (basic or it controls the machine) what did you install it on?

  25. #25skyking12021-03-28 20:38

    congrats on that. I won't be in the market myself, but still quite interested. How has it gone so far, what features have you used, pictures of jobs and how they look on the user interface?

  26. #26fourwheel12021-03-31 21:48

    Yes have been using it and it's very accurate.... But..... That's where the good seems to end... Install is complicated, not sure I'd do another one. There is no install book or directions, just a lot of videos which leave a lot to figure out. Phil was very available during install but became difficult to get ahold of, he seems to run business himself. He wanted us to"learn" system before using auto. Didn't make sense since this is supposed to make things simple but ok. Had to dig by sound because LED lights on boom burned out first time we turned them on because system over powered them and had to set system to 50 percent power?? Still waiting on them. Had to replace one cable already that cost 170.00,,, was not pinched or scuffed but one strand inside shorte out.. Was trying to use yesterday without laser, that's another issue,,, and the main module flashed a code and quit... Was told it has a short. Something in system will not allow us to use laser and bench from it.. Talked to Phil and tried multiple things and he is stumped... I run full gps on my farm and love technology but this is way over complicated. Yes it can do a lot but could be much simpler. Demoed a wireless I dig system and was slow but very simple to operate, was very accurate, dug footers without grade man, no wires to go bad, could move to other machines, and cost half as much. Would return tomorrow if I could... I'm trying to let people know what I ran into. 3 months and all I have is nice looking, expensive monitor.

  27. #27KSSS2021-03-31 22:28

    Because many times, the product and the traits can be linked when they are closely tied together, as they are in this case. Hope they get it worked out for you.

  28. #28IDIGBEST2021-04-05 09:13
  29. #29IDIGBEST2021-04-05 10:12

    I find remarks like this to be very unprofessional! I asked Bud to take it down because the info he is putting out is when your upset having a bad day! i answer for bud as i do for all of me clients. Even on easter (yesterday) this is the busiest time of year. 3 weeks ago Bud cut a wire and i told him to get another and lets plan a trip for that next week for me to help him and train him. we needed to talk that next monday to set date. Well guys my Dad died and i had to bury him that week! never heard from bud then he posted this bad review! he called me mad. I told him my dad died and I'm comming this week to help u. this system is something you have got to want and it will work wonders for you. COVID has made it a little different most clients self instal now. and if you won't me to come out I'm glad to. I have decided I'm going to give bud his money back for the valving minus trip charge. So he has the same indicate system as the I Dig guys sell. this way he can tell you all hands down how incredible the IDigBest systems is. then if he likes it ill let him buy HYD. assist. we all learn at deferent speeds. he has a second machine and i would love him to put i dig on it. because there is no any comparison at all! I'm calling him now to head there in the morning i have 3 other stops in Ohio after him

  30. #30IDIGBEST2021-04-27 08:41

    Yes And that's why Idigbest develops right software every week. All updates are free and if you have any ideas you like do you love to integrate