Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Idle speeds needed

Gyrbull ยท 2018-06-12 13:00

I have a 4x D6D that I had the injection pump rebuilt on. The feed pump was bad when purchased, to discover the cam was also bad along with governor. I do not have the FUEL SETTING INFORMATION, and Cat doesn't seem to be much help. I need low rpm, high RPM and high load. My manuals have the how and where just not the values. Arrangement is 7N2505

Replies2
  1. #1Cmark2018-06-12 16:31

    This is the closest I could find. It's a later serial number than yours but should be OK. There's also another similar spec 0T3448, but the FLS and FTS settings are the same. If you want anything more accurate, you're going to have to find someone at your dealer who's willing to dig out the old boxes of microfiche.

  2. #2Old Magnet2018-06-12 22:31

    From my Rack Setting Charts for the D6D 4Xxxxx Full load rpm = 1900 +/- 10 rpm High Idle rpm = 1990 +/- 30 rpm Low idle rpm = 620 +/- 30 rpm