Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

If you got the money we got the time

coorecat ยท 2012-01-30 01:46

A before and after pic of a con-span arch culvert bridge me and my crew did in a country club/golf course.I could literally jump across this creek , we tried to talk them into culvert pipe and block head walls with a stone veneer but they said they didn't want to bother the frogs and snakes. So what you're looking at is a 500,000 dollar snake bit but it's their money so why am I even complaining:beatsme

Replies9
  1. #1roddyo2012-01-30 10:22

    Some people place a higher value on aesthetics than money.......I'm not one of those people Have you ever ate at the Sale barn in Siler City?

  2. #2DPete2012-01-30 11:11

    Overkill has always been hard for me to swallow but if they're happy more power to you. Nice job

  3. #3coorecat2012-01-30 11:28

    Roddyo, I eat there about 3 times a week , my brother in law is one of the auctioneers there and he also has beef outfit I help help him with on the side. Mostly black angus and angus cross so I spend a lot of time there hauling cattle in and out for him. Dpete, it was definetly overkill it wasn't even because of soil erosion control or denr as we call them around here. They just didn't want to disturb the animals even though I had to kill some cottonmouths anyway. But this was probably one of the biggest water and sewer jobs we ever did so the people had money, only place I know where we had a dress code everybody had to wear khakis and polo type shirts. As for the finish my stone mason deserve all the credit for that it was definetly a pita!

  4. #4Reel hip2012-01-30 20:07

    Hey, if you didn't get the job someone without a condense would have! I sometimes have tried to talk people out of work or come up with a different less costly solution, but sometimes it does no good. They got what they paid for and a fine job at that!

  5. #5Ron12012-02-05 21:22

    Hey Coorecat, is Johnson's still open in Siler City... I demoed the old laundrymat and ponderosa, where the rite aid is now. I couldn't get enough of there burgers.

  6. #6coorecat2012-02-06 22:26

    Ron1, Johnson's will never close it's been open since 1947 I believe and those burgers never get old. I'm pretty sure they were voted one of the best burgers joints in the whole country not 100% sure though.

  7. #7barklee2012-02-06 22:55

    Great looking job!!!

  8. #8captbob3202012-02-07 09:17

    Nice work!

  9. #9coorecat2012-02-11 02:42

    Thanks, welcome to the forum!