Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

IH 3152 hoe swing rebuild?

IH 3500A ยท 2009-09-16 21:21

Early / midf 70's IH 3500A with a 3152 hoe. The swing is leaking from the top seal ( the area below the seal sees constant hyd oil circulation to lube the swing rack ) It looks like the seal is pressed into a brass bushing that is also the swing shaft bushing. Any insider secerets to fixing this? From what I gather looking through the site, these swings have a high fail rate ) I'm real tempted to shut off the oil to the swing bushing then turning it on when the hoe is being used. Thanks

Replies1
  1. #1Phil2009-09-17 17:42

    I remember changing this seal on an International backhoe, not sure which model though. I was able to get the # off the old one and match it up. Very little info out there on these machines. You might try the Redpower forum, I believe it's all IH stuff. Understanding just where the oil goes after that might be important to check out also, i.e. drain. Good luck. Phil