Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ih 3444 backhoe bd154 1972

FIRING PIN ยท 2013-10-01 21:41

I just rebuilt the diesel engine in this machine but now i can see no way of putting it together. The bolts for the converter come from the transmission side. There is no plate on the bell to access the the converter. The flywheel is solid with a bolt on flex plate. Are you to bolt the converter to the flex ,than try to engage the spline. I can't be leave there isn't another way.how would you know it it was seated or not to the front pump? What am i missing(please be nice)?? Firing pin

Replies1
  1. #1norite2013-10-02 19:10

    Welcome to HEF, I don't know the answer to your question myself. Have you tried this (quote above) yet? You might also want to ask your question on an ag tractor forum, many/most older backhoes were based on farm tractors.