Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

IH 3500 (1984 or so) Loader/backhoe weak hydraulics

Remeschjoseph ยท 2014-05-11 16:33

My backhoe's hydraulics all of a sudden got very weak. All (including the bucket) are weak except the side to side swing on the hoe which still seems strong. I believe I had this problem in the past but it fixed itself. It has plenty of fluid. I think its a stuck valve in the valve body but I don't want to open them all up if I don't have to. Any suggestions?

Replies2
  1. #1kentdproctor2020-06-11 02:10

    Did you ever figure this out? My Case 580 SM had the same problem suddenly. As well it seemed to be overheating.

  2. #2jimg9842020-06-11 08:36

    that model should have a manual valve for switching hyd fluid for swing or steering mounted on fender, good luck. don't swing boom too fast, I tore out the rack and pinion, yes, swing works on a rack and pinion