Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

IH 3600 Backhoe

Johnny Mack ยท 2015-12-04 12:22

Help: The spindle broke off of my "new" (to me) 3600 Backhoe. The Knuckle Assembly part number: 112 775 R11. Does anyone know where one is. Or maybe a complete axle assembly, or an axle that will fit it?

Replies4
  1. #1lantraxco2015-12-04 13:47

    http://www.tractor-part.com/parts/112775r11 http://www.ebay.com/itm/INTERNATION...R11-/131600225194?hash=item1ea3fc13aa&vxp=mtr

  2. #2flyingpassage2015-12-05 17:15

    Hi I was just out of high school 1973 started to work for a local construction co. putting in septic systems and we would set 1000 gal. tanks with that 3600, half at a time , if I remember right it was new at the time and it was powerful , if believe it was a 6 cyl. hydro. what a great machine to work with. Jeff

  3. #3Johnny Mack2015-12-09 12:59

    IH 3600 Spindle/Yoke Thanks for the responses guys. I ordered one from one of the sources provided by lantraxco. Its good to hear that they were good backhoes, at least when new in '73. Mine is a little worn and does not seem to have much hydraulic power for digging. I will have to replace the spindle and next work on the low hydraulic power. Engine seems to run just fine. The problem is the hydraulics.

  4. #4lantraxco2015-12-09 21:47

    Everything gets tired after enough hours. Some packing kits, seals, o-rings, set or replace some relief valves, and if that doesn't do it, check/rebuild/replace the pump. Good thing about these old dogs, once you get them loved up a bit, they'll last for decades.