Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

IH Loadstar 1700 ~1969 Oil Pressure Gauge Wiring?

Birken Vogt ยท 2017-02-13 12:50

Got this 1969 ish 1700 4x4 which shows no oil pressure. I am pretty sure the engine is fine. No voltage on the stud at the sending unit stopped or running. The temperature gauge probably not working also although I have not run it a lot in this condition. Of the fuses inside the glove box, none of the labels gives me confidence it is the one for the gauges. Also the fuel gauge does seem to work. Before I start wedging myself under the dash, does anybody have a wiring diagram for how this is supposed to work? Thanks

Replies1
  1. #1Truck Shop2017-02-13 18:18

    I don't remember in those years of IH that the few gauges were fused. I think that's one you will have to trace the wire. One thing I would do though is check the oil pressure with a manual gauge. One little known problem with the IH 345 and 392's was the front cam bearing would fail. The cam is gear driven and the thrust on the very narrow front bearing does cause them to have premature failure. Which can cause crank failure on the front crank pin. Years ago working auto machine I had seen several that died because of that issue. Just my two cents. Truck Shop