Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

IH Payloader 515

Flat Thunder Channel · 2023-01-19 23:12

I saw a unit for sale with a broken rear axle. Does anyone have any incite on how readily available parts are for these old rigs? Does anyone know how the axle is retained in the inner planetary gear set? Does anyone have an idea on the value of a broken unit; running and functional less a missing axle ie it's a three wheeler.

Replies8
  1. #1Acecadet2023-01-20 01:40

    Don’t completely take my word for it, but if the axle shaft is what you are looking for then I think this is it. 1111801c2. The axle is retained by a center bolt. You have to take the entire axle housing off to access it. Here is a video all about it.

  2. #2Flat Thunder Channel2023-01-20 06:49

    This is a great video! I watched it previously and it identified all the major components. Though I didn't catch how the axle shafts are retained in the axle housing. I didn't see a flange at the ends, but maybe it was hidden. C clip inside at planetary gear set??

  3. #3oarwhat2023-01-20 08:39

    International parts are very very hard to find. About 25 years ago I had a couple H90 C payloaders . Parts where hard to find for them back then.

  4. #4Flat Thunder Channel2023-01-21 14:17

    I passed on this opportunity. The difficulty of part availability combined with the price tag talked me out of it. It could have been fun though!

  5. #5oarwhat2023-01-21 14:26

    smart move

  6. #6DMiller2023-01-21 16:20

    1980s machines of Orphan manufacturing would be wise to look away from no matter the pricing, Parts just no longer out there.

  7. #7Osama hasan2023-02-04 17:32

    Dresta company is the successor of IH , dresser and Komatsu Dresser they could have what you look for .

  8. #8Steve Frazier2023-02-04 17:47

    This might sound silly but whenever I ran an IH loader I had a lot of trouble adjusting to sitting on the front half of the articulation. I've had to hit the brakes and reposition more times than I'd like to admit loading trucks.