Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ih td-35

Brandt ยท 2011-06-28 09:49

A buddy wants to bring his small TD-35 back to life for logging. It is OLD!! Has an International gas/diesel engine that is stuck. What other small diesel engine will go in this easily. I am looking for a direct bolt up to the driveline. It will have to be small as the unit is only 12K lbs or so. Will a DD 3-53 work??

Replies4
  1. #1Greg2011-06-28 12:09

    I know next to nothing about IHC crawlers. All I can tell you is that it will be next to impossible if not virtually impossible to find someting that will bolt up direct to what is there.

  2. #2td14steve2011-06-29 09:37

    Brandt check over on the Redpower website there's some guys on there with the same machine and a wealth of info on the old gas start diesels. Steve

  3. #3bauerj2013-06-09 13:09

    Brandt, What has your buddy done with the engine from the TD-35? I am looking for an injection pump for one. Would he still have that?

  4. #4Brandt2013-06-10 19:45

    I haven't seen it in a year or so, I'm sure he has done nothing with it. I know the injectors were missing - hense water got in and the engine is stuck. I'll try to contact him this weekend. If it is available it will probably need a rebuild or at least gone thru.