Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ih td6 rubber tracks

dallou ยท 2021-04-27 23:41

Hi everyone just wondering if any body on here could point me in the right direction for putting rubber tracks on a td6 international. It is a old td6. 1956. But the machine runs excellent any help would be appreciated thnx

Replies5
  1. #1JimInOz2021-04-28 05:23

    Unless you have a special application,rubber tracks on dozers are a frustrating,costly waste of time. You see a few small Japanese dozers fitted with them,but for general work,they are useless. I'm sure there are steel chains still being made in China/Korea.

  2. #2John C.2021-04-28 10:31

    I haven't seen anyone advertise that they sell rubber tracks for dozers. I've seen plenty of those little dozers sitting around with torn tracks. TD6 is a tired old dog best left to rust away in the briars.

  3. #3dallou2021-04-29 00:14

    Yes I understand that they are not good for dirt work and the machine is old but it still runs great. And all its going to do is pull a small self loader log trailer for 4 foot logs in the snow in winter time 1 mile to and from tree patch. So was just seeing if anyone knew where I could look for tracks that may fit

  4. #4JimInOz2021-04-30 00:11

    Bridgestone used to make 135mm pitch rubber tracks for the Mitsubishi/Komatsu 4 tonne crawlers. After a while,they tore themselves apart. If they held together,they would lose traction after loading the blade half way. Perfect for trimming up Golf Courses,etc,...but useless elsewhere. Not sure if anyone made rubber tracks to fit old dozers like the TD6. I have seen pictures of TD6 with add on rubber pads for special works,back in the 60s. Try the REDPOWER FORUMS & see what you come up with. In Australia,we had both TD6 & BTD6 (British) . The BTD6 had a 264 diesel,no gas start. I always thought they pushed well for their size. Still many running around on farms & blocks.

  5. #5lantraxco2021-04-30 00:14

    If you need rubber for surfaces, get bolt on runner pads. If you just need to replace because they're worn out, there is most likely a compatible track chain, or a conversion to fit.