Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ih td9

spitzair ยท 2012-04-25 00:03

Hello everyone, Can anybody tell me what year this TD9 is? The serial number is TDGB 40419. I'm trying to get my hands on it... And what does it weigh approximately? Can I tow it safely with my 3500 Dodge dually with a 20K lb gooseneck trailer? I would take the blade off to get the width down some too... If need be I would get the tractor and then haul the blade and C frame in a seperate trip. The machine hasn't run in a long time, but from the brief look I gave it, it shouldn't take much to get it going... Video I made can be found here: http://youtu.be/SnOZbz6ORXk Thanks!

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies7
  1. #1Deere500a2012-04-25 01:55

    I would guess in the 40's maybe early 50's. http://www.ehow.com/info_8209562_specifications-international-harvester-td9-bulldozer.html

  2. #2D3DaveC2012-04-25 09:50

    It's under 1956 or 57 as that TD9 looks like the old style, next was the TD91 when they used a taller radiator to keep from cracking heads and they also raised the operator platform. You would pull it no problem with your truck.

  3. #3RDG2012-04-25 16:07

    That looks like a TD 9/ 90 SERIES.

  4. #4250c2012-04-25 18:38

    You might try the guys over at redpower.com. I think they posted a serial number list in the construction forumn

  5. #5willd8r2012-04-26 04:22

    My father brought one brand new in 1954 4 pot petrol start warm the main up change over to diesel about 55 hp I think weighs 7/8 ton.He did a huge amount of work with it developing the farm with it. The next model was better with the 6 cylinder motor. Cheers Will

  6. #6td9clyde2012-04-26 08:08

    it is the some where around 51 to 55 i have a 50

  7. #7spitzair2012-04-26 15:37

    Thanks for the tips guys. I'll see what kinda deal I can work out, if any... 250c, I can't log into my redpower account for some reason, haven't been able to for quite some time now too...