Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

IH175C how much money should I offer

stan in indiana ยท 2012-02-15 16:05

I have just looked at a local IH175C with a DT460 and 4 in 1 bucket. Exc. cond. for age. Needs solenoid. No leaks. Tracks and undercarriage seem to be good enough for the usage I will prob. ever give it. I need to find winch for logging to mount on it. Owner is second owner and has owned it for a long time. He is reputable and we have acquaintances in common. What is it worth? I have found 3 on the internet for 6000, 6800(trans prob.) and 10,000$.

Replies3
  1. #1tuney4432012-02-15 16:16

    Without more info on the undercarriage assessment,I'd say $10K is about fair.

  2. #2boone2012-02-16 16:35

    I agree that $10k is in the ballpark for what you describe. The 175 is a very capable workhorse. I'm jealous if it has no leaks...are you sure it has oil in it?

  3. #3Durt2012-02-28 17:54

    I might have a winch for you, do you want freespool or non freespool? Do you also need an arch for the winch? I have all the parts and service manuals you would ever need. The 175 C has a DT466 ... very good IH engine. Wrecked quite a few of these..If it runs good and has good undercarriage it should be worth 10k. www.cpecanada.com Durt