Found this at the steel yard getting prepped for sand blasting.
The Payhauler is a significantly underappreciated haul truck. A 350 is only rated at 50T, but the all wheel drive and 50/50 weight dist gave great performance. I think they (Payhauler) got taken over and handed around as a marker chip. I believe it went from IH to spinoff Payhauler to Dresser to Terex to Cat who killed the line.
You should see that Payhauler now. All bright and shiny with a new 10,000 gallon water tank on it. I"ll get a pic of it tomarrow at work.
In the mean time, heres a pic of C-8 on the right, and C-20 on the left.
I was back there a couple days later and made a point to go and look for it but it was already gone. Did you have it painted there or somewhere else?
Just to clarify, Cat never had the Payhauler line. It was Terex who killed the line due to lack of sales. The sequence was also from IH, to Dresser, to Payhauler, to Terex. Tough trucks, but a nightmare to work on.
Im not sure where it was painted. They might have moved it back down to our shop to do that. I was only only the project that truck was on today for a little bit, and I didnt have time to get any pictures of it. They repainted it in the old International colors though. The green being replaced by black. makes sence, since it is a A model, not a B or C.
A couple of Payhauler pics I came across...and some old 769's....
I made it back out to the other job toady, and was able to get a few pics of C-8 after its tranformation into a water truck, or as we call it; the June Bug. Ole C-1 is the Lady bug. Our project manager wants to get a big Oregon 'O' to put on the side of the tank!