Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

IHI 28N Trackhoe won’t move forword or reverse

Litttlewend ยท 2019-04-25 15:31

I was backing up my 28N and blow a hose for the right track. When I removed the hose I found it had been rubbing and that is way it went bad so I repleased all four of that tracks hoses. Noted which hose went where. Once I got it full of hydric oil I went to move it and nothing happened. It would swing left and right, and the blade would go up and down, nothing elas would work. Then I found that I could get full hydric operation if I held the forword or reverse levers together only in the same direction and I could work eveything but no forword or reverse. Any one that could give me some help with this?

Replies5
  1. #1DMiller2019-04-25 16:06

    Sounds air bound. Hopefully did not trash drive pump when hose burst.

  2. #2Litttlewend2019-04-25 16:29

    I stoped as so as the hose burst. There was plenty of oil still in the tank and I did shut it down.But as it sat it did leaked all out.

  3. #3DMiller2019-04-25 19:50

    Should be a bleeding process in a service manual, if required, have you access to a shop manual? If not may look into getting one.

  4. #4Litttlewend2019-04-28 11:29

    Don't have one but will look into getting one. Thanks

  5. #5Litttlewend2019-06-04 17:43

    Thanks