05 35n. Used last weekend and everything worked well. Fired up this am and began working, all operations worked fine until I went to track. The left drive would not respond. I can here some type of pressure near the hydro's under the floor plate when I work the control. I don't believe it's the traction motor as it was rebuilt less than 100 hrs. My two speed did not work recently but began working again so I didn't think about it, unsure if its related. The drive would sometime be unresponsive right at start up but thought it was temp related. All valve unit. Any idea on where to start? Planetary? Stuck valve?
05 35n. Worked fine last week. Fired up this am and the left drive won't function. All other operations work fine. When moving the drive lever I can here some kind of pressure under the floor board. The track seems to move freely as a limped around. Stuck relief? Any direction is appreciated. Going to try to get it home tomorrow. BTW all valve control s Duplicate threads merged
Did you try lifting the track off the ground to see if it will move at all? Sounds like maybe you snapped a shaft if it freewheels.
Tried everything
I won't swear to it because I can't remember the configuration of the drives on that little guy, but if the track moves free without moving the control lever it's likely you snapped a shaft or stripped a spline in the final.
It was moving fine then I parked it. Now nothing....
I would feel the motor where the hoses go on and move the lever, or have a helper do it, see if it feels like the motor is spinning. If it does, pop the cover off the final and pull the drive gear out of the center, look for a stripped spline. If you can't feel the hose pressurize or the motor spin, then it may be a hydraulic issue.
Thanks
Well lant I think you were on the right track all along. Got it back to the shop, popped the final plug and the oil is full of shards, very tiny. Can these finals be rebuilt. Reasonably? New complete final is like 6000..
Doesn't sound good. It's weird that it ran fine right up to shut off and then nothing the next day, but I have seen it before. The good news may be that the hydraulic system is probably fine, it can really ruin your day when a motor grenades and fills the whole system with metal bits. I think that if the ring gear is in good shape you might be able to rebuild it. Here's an aftermarket option for less than half, with the caveat that I have no experience with this company or it's products, maybe we can ask the audience if anybody has used them. They're also on EBAY: http://www.minifinaldrives.com/IHI_35N_Mini_Excavator_Final_Drive_p/ihi35n.htm If you pop the cover post up some pictures for those of us in the cheap seats. You may get lucky and get by for a while by just flushing it and replacing the input gear and some bearings/sealse, never know.
Ok let you know how I make out looking up rebuilds currently as this machine is rarely used. Looking for a cheap out
We can help you. Click links below for contact info. We're the largest excavator final drive supplier in North America.
http://finaldrive.eu/index.php/troubleshooting See "external problems" First test is to make sure oil is being delivered to the drive motor. General comments: I always suggest follow the oil. Tank is holding the oil. Oil gets sucked over to pump. Check the suction strainer at the bottom of tank. If clear, test flow and pressures at pump to valve. If acceptable, check reliefs on main valve. If proper function, check flow and pressure at travel motor. If proper function, check case drain volume of travel motor. If acceptable, check return to tank line for blockage. The problem will be somewhere in there if it is hydraulic. Can't rule out electrical being the issue. Hope that helps, good luck!