Being the proud maintainer of both an IC70-2 and an IC100-2, I can steadfastly agree that many parts borderline on the side of OUTRAGEOUS, some may say ridiculous, when pricing them. With that said, my IC100-2 has a fractured rear idler wheel (shell), and my OEM sources say $4994 for a replacement. WOW. For an idler assy? I was wondering whether anyone here could steer me to a supplier for an idler, that won't make me faint. The IHI part number is F300 468 00. Can it be interchanged with any other machines, such as Marooka, or others, so as to open up my selection of available parts, when searching? Sincerely, Brian McCall BTW, is "trucks" where this belongs?
It's a captive audience thing I think. The IHI aftermarket idlers are in preproduction, at least from my source, but it's gonna be a while yet before we see them on this side of the pond. Just from looking at a few pictures, I think you could make some brackets and adapt a Morooka 2200 idler to fit on there. I'm currently out, but I can check with a couple warehouses for you, shoot me a PM if you're interested. Cost should be half or less for the Morooka idler assembly, so you could do a bit of noodling with it and still come out ahead. They take the exact same track as I recall, so it should be about right on dimensions. By the way, I would have picked "Other Earthmoving Equipment" but that's just me. Cheers, Don
I agree, other earthmoving equipment is a better fit, so I moved it. And like Don said, it's a niche market and machine, not like a Cat 320C excavator where a gazillion were built and plenty of share for aftermarket. Aftermarket for these machines is still in its infancy, but will get better as time goes by. In the meantime, charge a good rate for your machine and take good care of it, get the most out of your buck.