Is the IHI Excavators pretty solid machines? Could any one give me any advice on them?
My buddy bought one last summer off a rental place. He got it at a good price and likes it. Have to start somewhere.........better then a pick & shovel.
They are very solid machines. I had one for about 4 years and put 2K hours on it. I really liked the machine. The support from Compact Excavator Sales (located in E-town, Ky) which is the importer of the IHI machine is excellent. The hydrualic systems are awesome. Well worth a look. I traded the one I had on a TK because of ease of trading machines as I have a TK dealer here but the IHI dealer is 4 hours away.
I heard that they were excellent machines and the main place just being 45 minutes from home I thought I would take a look at them and see if I liked them
they are decent machines if you can get product support.
Itchy Hicthy Incorporated My buddy had a few of them in his rental fleet and sold a couple to people I know so I have had many chances to run and work on the IHI , they do the job --- the parts that were unique to the machine (OEM) were very hard and took a long time to get , a seal kit for the controll valve I remember took a couple of weeks and the seal kit for the swivel took almost 2 months , could have bought the whole complete swivel faster but seems it was over $3,000 for it , the hydraulic hoses use a invert metric flare which is get-able , but a little hard to locate , from the parts stand point I would say stay away from the IHI or you will wind up itchy