Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

IHI IC100-2 final drive disassembly

heymccall · 2025-03-12 16:07

Going in after a failed duocone seal and I've reached an impass. I cannot get the lock pins out of the housing retainer nut. Too hard to center punch or drill. They don't move when punched. Any ideas? Heck, I can't even find a service manual for it, let alone find the manufacturer. IHI has a parts breakdown for it, but, they want $175us for each pin. Number 10 on drawing.

Replies2
  1. #1DDoug2025-03-13 08:15

    Tapered dowel pins ?

  2. #2heymccall2025-03-13 09:20

    Just got directions. It's a Rexroth GFT40 gearbox. The ring nut needs drilled, split, and destroyed. Then, a new nut needs to be obtained ($1900 from IHI in Japan) in order to reassemble. I need to go down the Rexroth rabbit hole to see if that nut can be sourced faster and for less.