Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

IHI mini excavators

GabbyVice27 ยท 2014-06-22 22:07

what is the consensus on IHI mini hoes I ran one for about 2 days 12 years ago so not much for personal experience. I am looking at a 35j its in the cheep seats and needs a little tidying up. What can I expect for availability on major stuff. Dad wants a new toy(he will be 68 in October) so it will be used on a hobby basis. He borrowed one last month and now I gotta buy one. thoughts?

Replies5
  1. #1willie592014-06-22 22:11

    They're just as good as any other mini hoe. USA headquarters is in Elizabethtown KY. But much like any other brand mini hoe, parts pretty much have to come from the dealer as there's little aftermarket parts for them aside from undercarriage rollers and rubber tracks.

  2. #2GabbyVice272014-06-22 22:17

    I kinda had that in my mind willie59 thanks for the reply. the man is asking 8 grand and they seem to be take your pick around 14k so I recon its do I want another project or be 6k lighter. thankx

  3. #3willie592014-06-22 22:23

    No worries Gabby. Their build quality is just as good as any other, and they have a quirk here and there just like any other, but brand matters little, it's more about the condition of the machine as even the top name brand machines can be wore slap out by poor maintenance and operators that just don't give a damn. I can only tell you that parts are readily available from IHI Compact Excavators.

  4. #4maddog2014-06-23 07:32

    I owned the 35 J and was very pleased with it's operation, actually sold it for more then what I bought it for.

  5. #5GabbyVice272014-06-23 19:46

    thanks fellars we'al see how she does.