Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Im looking to purchase so im wanting d7h or R info

catman63 ยท 2015-04-19 10:17

im looking at a 1996 d7h 20000hrs were they a good cat or should I be looking at d7r

Replies4
  1. #1gladiatore2015-04-19 10:27

    well all depends on price and condition, as mechanic I can tell you, all depends how they work the machine, if they serviced as they need to do, many owners (and operators) they dont care about service equipments, and there is where you can have problems, these machines are very good, but also very temperamental, also depends for what you need the equipment, because usually i like more JD than cats

  2. #2catman632015-04-19 10:52

    they are at a auction the 7h comes with service records and list of repairs.im buying it for on a farm we have a 47a d7e standard that I have to put a new hard bar in ,then I was going to sell it and up grade. I don't know anything about deere crawlers are they any good

  3. #3gladiatore2015-04-19 11:13

    well, if come with SR sheet we start good, as I told you this D7 are temperamental, and you need to forget about many of the repairs you was used to do in your equipments because all changed to these new dozer's, like, fuel pump, injectors, calibrations of transmission, and the list keep growing, remember these dozer's are all electronics

  4. #4pf/l2015-04-20 09:51

    Some of those 7h's coming up at Edmonton do look nice. They look like they've been taken care of. Saying that they will sell high I think. I don't think there's going to be allot of deals coming up next week. US dollar is to strong right now, I suspect you'll see allot of overseas and US bidding on the net.