Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Im the new guy!

CWB Texas · 2018-08-16 10:52

hows it going fellas, new to the forum. Have been looking through yalls threads for years and there is a lot of great info on here. Now that im stuck in a hard place with my dozer and running out of ideas i figured i would turn to yalls knowledge and see if you can help me out. PS it made me add participants to post this so i just added a few guys that I have read alot from. Hope you dont mind

Replies14
  1. #1CWB Texas2018-08-16 10:53

    Here is what I have came up with on my dozer -its a 2000 model john deere 650H LT with a cab and ripper -it first started veering to the right when tracking straight then it completely quit turning left, i tried too re-calibrate but it started throwing codes and everytime i got to left steer it wouldnt recognize that i was moving joystick. -I bought a new speed sensor for $160 and tried it in all 3 places. pump speed, left drive, right drive. still same thing, would not recognize left steer. -I then called out local mechanic to plug computer into transmission controller, well he showed up without computer and said he can do it without it. well $580 later he says he has no clue whats going on and then decides to tell me he only works on CAT -next I went ahead and bought the overpriced $380 left and right steer sensor. disconnected batteries overnight.and then installed the new potentiometer, hooked battery back up and calibrated. everything went good and it got me through calibration -drove dozer around and it was tracking and steering great. parked it and turned off to re-install floor board and put armrests back on -started back up and now it is throwing F340 (B5 left and right steer sensor, open circuit,shorted circuit,or no feedback is indicated) and will not steer at all and will not let me re-calibrate -Any ideas or theorys would be greatly appreciated, ive been down for 3 weeks and got a lot of money tied up in a still occuring problem

  2. #2Bluox2018-08-16 16:20

    So why would you not call John Deere? Bob

  3. #3CWB Texas2018-08-16 16:56

    Have not had much luck in the past with the deere dealer in Houston,TX area which is where my dozer currently is, If i was working around victoria, TX I would of had them come out. Ive actually put 3 calls into houston deere in the past few weeks and have not gotten a call back yet

  4. #4Junkyard2018-08-16 16:56

    All the wiring good? It could be a wiring harness issue, pin pushed out of a connector, corrosion etc. Also check alternator output. Voltage fluctuations can drive one of those machines crazy! It may be worth getting Deere out so as to keep from shooting at it with the parts canon... good luck

  5. #5CWB Texas2018-08-16 17:00

    I did take a circuit tester to it and got a wiring schematic and as far as i can tell my wiring checks out good, But this does not mean im not missing something. I just a new alternator on a few weeks before it started acting up so you got a good point there, I will check tonight and make sure it is putting out correct voltage

  6. #6CWB Texas2018-08-17 09:31

    Update went back out there last night checcked batteries and alternator, both checked out good,I then noticed that the female connector on the left and right steer sensor seemed to be opened up too much on 2 of the wires, used a pick to make it a tighter fit and re-calibrated - it is now letting me calibrate my steering and it seems to work, But I now have a new problem - the second section of the calibration is the forward and reverse ground speeds and when i do this the computer pops up STOP and throws these 2 codes F3A7 and F3E6 (B8 rear pump pressure control pilot,result of calibrating indicating there is a failure. Failure must be fixed before calibrating again) -once it kicks me out of calibration i can drive the machine in forward only, when i put it in reverse it does not move. But i know my reverse is ok cause if i disconnect computer and let it sit, re hook it up and run machine without calibrating first i have forward and reverse but of course steering is way out of whack due to no calibration

  7. #7panman852018-08-17 10:16

    Hey guys, I apologize for stepping in here. I know CWB Texas is looking for answers, not more questions. I posted to the forum a few days ago looking for the calibration procedure for an 850c ii, but haven’t gotten any replies. I’m hoping one of you may be able to help me find the correct procedure, the one I found on justanswer website seems to be missing a step. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and again I apologize CWB Texas for bringing more questions to the table on your thread. Thanks in advance if someone is willing to help me also

  8. #8CWB Texas2018-08-17 10:34

    No problem bud, I have the procedure for the 650H but not sure if its the same or not. Do you have the trans controller with a liitle window on it and 3 buttons, menu, next,and back?

  9. #9CWB Texas2018-08-17 11:42

    4 buttons sorry, also has select

  10. #10panman852018-08-17 12:05

    Thanks man, but no sir, mine only has one button on it that says cal, and I’ve got one button on the gauge display that says select. I was really hoping some guys that are more knowledgeable than I would see your thread, and possibly chime in on my problem also

  11. #11CWB Texas2018-08-20 15:28

    Yeah thats definantly different than mine but should be the same process to calibrate Start machine and set idle to 1500RPMs With machine park lever still in the park position Hold down the CAL button for 10 seconds it will flash and then say park, now lower your park lever into drive position The computer will then walk you through calibration should say SPD1 turn your track speed to turtle Then it will say SPD3 turn track speed to fast Next will be steering right steer, left steer, right counter rotate, left counter rotate then forward/reverse Took me a few tries to figure out how to calibrate but once you figure out all of their abbreviations it isnt that hard

  12. #12panman852018-08-20 17:54

    I get to right steer/left steer, get the l and r to go off, but still have the number 2 on screen. What’s next step with #2 on screen?

  13. #13panman852018-08-20 18:58

    Basically, I get all the way to the point that fnr starts flashing, which I think is the end of the process, but when I put it in neutral, and set throttle back to low idle, a number 2 is still on the screen

  14. #14Vetech632018-08-21 06:53

    This all sounds like electrical issues to me. I would check every harness plug you can reach for dirt/corrosion/moisture. The electrical signals are very light and the parameters are very small. Also check for chaffing on the wiring harnesses.