Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

implements trencher and fail mower for mini excavator anyone have any experience?

707pc50 ยท 2015-01-15 22:26

I am interested in picking up a newer 8000lb ish excavator, and looking for input from anyone who has experience running a trencher or a flail mower on a machine of this size. Curious how they work out. Ive never used either. Are the trenchers worth while or are I better off with a trenching bucket and just digging the old fashion way? what about the flail mower, the videos online of them grinding trees up to 4+" diameter are very cool, will a 8000b machine give me decent results? Are certain machines better then others for these attachments? higher flow I guess.. thanks

Replies5
  1. #1lumberjack2015-01-15 22:31

    I have a friend in Maine with a Tak TB138FR and a Rockhound 30EX. He likes his setup immensely. I have a Kubota KX057 and the Rockhound 40EX Hammerhead, which I also like. I have some videos on my channel: www.youtube.com/RutherfordConLLC Dylan has some videos on his channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/dtrain027

  2. #2707pc502015-01-15 23:53

    thanks i appreciate the input

  3. #3KSSS2015-01-16 11:43

    I have a Rockhound 30HD on a Taki TB153FR and I like it. Flow and psi are what make them productive, the more of both the better.

  4. #4toomuchtime2015-01-19 10:42

    I second that get the most HP and PSI you can afford for the mower. I run a 30EXHD on a 305.5 and it does great. Not sure I would want it on a smaller machine.

  5. #5SWE2021-10-24 14:35

    Morning All. I have a Bobcat 331 and am looking at purchasing a flail mower. Lipa LBTE 90 seems best bang for the buck. Also looking at the FAE PML/HY 90, ShearForce FM 800, and the Bobcat unit. I would appreciate any comments. Particularly as to the workability of the Bobcat 331 when running a flail mower. Doesn't work to well if you can't move the mower while mowing. The 331 list aux flow of 19.4 gpm (60.0 LPM) thanks