Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Importing truck from the UK

chris pochari ยท 2017-08-17 16:23

this is probably a dumb question but here goes. I'm looking at a hooklift truck in the UK, my questions are #1 Are U.S and UK emission standards different, if so will it be possible to make this truck compliant with U.S emission regulation. #2 It's a right hand drive truck, is that going to be an issue. #3 Why doesn't Scania, Man, Mercedes etc export their trucks to the U.S market. I'm getting the feeling the emission issue is going to make this impossible but I thought I'd ask anyway. Thanks. https://trucks.autotrader.co.uk/use...15da812a0ed22bb?searchPosition=4&searchPage=2 Here's the truck

Replies5
  1. #1Knepptune2017-08-17 17:29

    I guess my question would be why? Not that it matters but im curious. I do think the emissions standards are different.

  2. #2chris pochari2017-08-17 17:54

    Some of these trucks are quite interesting, it's really just an idea tho, most likely won't happen.

  3. #3DMiller2017-08-17 20:39

    Yes the emissions standards are different, there will be lists of non-importable domestic and imports available thru DMV. A lot of US still running equipment cannot go into CA any longer as does not fit their levels of controls.

  4. #4Welder Dave2017-08-18 00:13

    I think a big concern would be how long would it take and if you could get parts and service.

  5. #5DMiller2017-08-18 10:28

    This dates back to 2013 http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/1/new-california-regs-forcing-trucks-off-the-road/