Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

In need of a case 580C boom cylinder tube

fishfighter ยท 2014-06-26 09:02

Man, do I have a big problem. After rebuilding just about everything on the hoe side, my boom didn't want to hold up. I was hearing oil flowing in the right cylinder. This morning, I pulled the right cylinder to rebuild. Come to find out that the tube is damaged.:Banghead There is a big dent in the bottom about mid way. That dent damaged the piston real bad to were all oil was just bypassing inside the cylinder.:Banghead Everywhere I looked on line so far, the price is over $750 and just the tube over $450 + the piston another $65. The rod is still straight and no need of replacing that. Anybody have a hook up on a place that sells used parts? I just can't afford new at this time. Thanks

Replies7
  1. #1melben2014-06-26 09:15

    Have replaced many bent tubes on models with the cyls out on the side, most likely someone dropped the boom at swing extreme with the stabilizer up. I would try wengers in myerstown Pa. for a used tube but they are fast sellers. You probably need to know what port configuration your cylinder has as there were differences

  2. #2fishfighter2014-06-26 09:31

    The part number I need is G106169 along with the piston which is a single gland seal. Do the have a web site?

  3. #3outbackrider2014-06-26 10:53

    Give one of this Site's sponsor, southern tractor salvage. I suspect they can help you out. Google them. Wenger's tractor salvage does have a website, google them.

  4. #4KevinF2014-06-26 11:09

    They aren't cheap to replace. $800 or $900. Digging up the link for you. Previous owner of my machine replaced mine with some generic rams but I'm not sure its worth the trouble. On my B the factory are 1.75 rod, 3.25 cylinder. I think he replaced with 1.75/3.00 which means less lift power. Here is the replacement for mine. I had the same dent in one. Don't know what he did with the other.. http://www.epsstore.com/index.php/g106168.html

  5. #5fishfighter2014-06-26 12:10

    Found a local shop that has a rebuilt one with a new tube. Told me $580 with a trade in of mine. Guess I might have to bite the big one. The wife is not happy at all.

  6. #6old-iron-habit2014-06-26 14:04

    $580 for a rebuilt one with a new tube. I'd jump on it before it gets away.

  7. #7fishfighter2014-06-26 15:46

    I when and bought it. Was $632.20. $52.20 tax. Oh well. Installed it and when and fell a good size tree that was a easy 20" across. Just had to idle the hoe and she is born again. All the power she needs. I'm very happy how the repacking the control valves came out too! I had extended the hoe out and shut down. Let it sat for an hour and the hoe didn't drop but a couple inches. Now only if the rain stops again. LOL