Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

In search of wiper motor

jrolsonex ยท 2014-07-14 20:23

I have a 2000 Case 9040B and need to replace the windshield wiper motors both front and back. Does anyone know if there is any after market source or if there is another excavator brand that will cross. I know that Summitomo is who makes the excavator, but don't know what company would make the cab components.

Replies9
  1. #1excavator2014-07-15 00:58

    Case, Link Belt, and in those years JCB were all built by Sumitomo.

  2. #2lantraxco2014-07-15 01:59

    Case online parts book doesn't show a rear wiper? There are two choices for the front wiper motor, either of which is roughly $200. highway robbery, but if you can't see to dig......

  3. #3jrolsonex2014-07-15 08:35

    Thank you.

  4. #4jrolsonex2014-07-15 08:40

    I tried the online parts and Case directly and they no longer carry many parts for that machine.

  5. #5jrolsonex2014-07-15 09:00

    do you happen to know what model link belt would be the same as the Case 9040B?

  6. #6excavator2014-07-15 12:20

    The Link Belt Quantum series is the same as the B series Case. And the cabs should all be the same.

  7. #7Scrub Puller2014-07-15 17:07

    Yair . . . I have always viewed wipers as generic. There are hundreds of available combinations of power, arc and size. Over here aftermarket stuff is way cheaper than part numbered units but noting lantraxco's comment that $200.00 is expensive it could well be different in the US. This is one Australian supplier I have used for several projects, what they don't know about wiping glass ain't worth knowing . . . . http://www.fdrive.com.au/docs/Sect 4 Wipers.pdf Cheers

  8. #8kshansen2014-07-15 18:20

    Could try contacting DOGA, they are used on many machines, I know many Cats and I believe Komatsu for a couple. http://www.doga.es/index.php/en/empresa/localizacion

  9. #9finaldrive2014-07-16 11:50

    3400q