Yes I've heard it for years. Unmistakable sound of every G I've heard. Not just ours. All the operators complain. Watch the Thomson Earthmoving Youtube video of TS14Gs in NZ, same sound. What's the consensus? Pump drive noise? Pump whine? Front fan? Rear fan is not that noisy. I do not remember the TS14Bs and Cs being so loud. That was all engine noise.
After watching a couple of Youtube videos of Horton variable speed fan drives and noise reduction, I'd have to bet the Terex scream may be fan related.
But then again, listening to it from other angles, I can hear the front fan wind up and roar. Similar to the rear fan. So now I'm leaning toward hydraulic pump noise or pump drive noise. Very apparent when the machine is approaching toward you. At times when at full throttle 75 feet away, it hurts the ears. Other angles, not so pronounced. This machine has original pump with ~6000 hours. Pump drive was gone through this spring with new bearings and one new gear. Other gear was reversed. Would love to see a TS14D II in action to see if it has the same noise. Should be the same parts as a G.