Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Inertia Impact Crushers

theironoracle ยท 2016-09-18 12:14

Does anyone have experience with Inertia impact crushers? All aspects including owning, operating or repairing? Just curious....TIO

Replies6
  1. #1clintm2016-09-18 15:19

    got an eagle never been around an inertia much do have a conveyor that they built thats about it

  2. #2theironoracle2016-09-18 15:33

    It looks to me that the Eagles are really the high end of the self contained wheeled recycle plants. How do you use yours? Rock, concrete, asphalt? I need to add a self contained (power) impactor to rent out and can't spend more than $200,000. TIO

  3. #3Shimmy12016-09-18 16:54

    We've had a couple guys crush gravel for us with a impact crusher. It would nearly wipe out the crusher every 15-20k yds, but that was crushing pure rock. I've been told that they should only be used for concrete or asphalt, and you need to keep them at or near 100% capacity to keep them from self-destructing. Crushing gravel, they could never keep the crusher completely full, and would wear out the inside. I've never owned or operated one, just what they told me.

  4. #4clintm2016-09-18 17:38

    I am in recycled concrete ran it as primary for a couple years now it's behind a jaw. They are wear part monsters 15-20,000 tons new blow bars when in primary. I would be very hesitant to have one in a rental fleet they are not as forgiving as a jaw.

  5. #5theironoracle2016-09-18 19:23

    How does it perform in secondary? Do you run it in closed circuit? What's wear iron usage in secondary? TIO

  6. #6clintm2016-09-18 21:05

    It works good in secondary.Blow bar replacement went from every 10 days to about 5-6 weeks. But was also able to run high chrome instead of medium chrome bars.Yes it's closed circuit about a 6-8" maximum feed to impactor.